Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Sad to say, but this is one of the reasons there are so few new players
Replies: 71   Views: 353,070   Pages: 5   Last Post: Jun 3, 2015, 12:04 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 71   Views: 353,070   Pages: 5   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
zoeyk

Home page
Re: Sad to say, but this is one of the reasons there are so few new players
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 3:54 AM

oh i see, i wrote "but" instead of writing "and",..

ok that's why you said i don't understand the terms. dude you need to take a chill pill tho seriously. Why don't you go hang out in the lobby and greet guests with all this time your wasting in here? do something productive to your cause that your fighting for. don't bad mouth others to become the solution,... you need to be the solution.

Just get in there and be the solution. Get your fancy little welcome to pente.org slogan ready, stand at the door, and greet em all. be the welcoming wagon that you so desire the world to become.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 3:56 AM

no, we are both stubborn, and we both carry some truth with our points, but the problem is you are additionally carrying more wrongs than i am. that's the difference.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 4:03 AM

Thanks for you permission and decree.

But I have been trying to recuit new players for some time, the biggest obsticle is you and your subjects.

Listen to yourself, barking orders at me. That crown really has gone to your head.

Still nothing but lame distraction from you. In your myopic brain, there is only law. Knowledge, but no wisdom. Yes, naked you stand. All but a little tiny crown. And a call to have the owner of the website come and save you.

Still, jhs55 has humbled himself and become more of a man. You and your crown, like a boy, needs someone to come and rescue you.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 4:04 AM

sigh.. I'm not going to apologize for winning a tournament several years back where I won a crown. And you have no basis to connect a digital crown image that dweebo attached to some internet text name I utilize several years ago and say that It is the reason I talk how I talk. As if years ago the moment I got it my life and character changed in large as a result. Your conclusions are absurd and baseless to say the least. You seem to have a good heart with semi-pure intentions for good, However, you jump the gun, judge a book by the cover, you have about as much subtlety in belaying your concerns as a sledge hammer does in the hands of a gorilla.

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Feb 27, 2013 12:29 AM

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 4:06 AM

(retracted)

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 4:10 AM

ya know, for someone whom advocates for every one to be respectful and nice you sure are a rude person. something of a paradox you be.

bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 4:12 AM

I was there, you were not. You have stuck your nose where it does not belong, and from the start, this as been a contest of ego for you.

Not a single point you made has been valid. Not one. But still you point your legalism at me, because there is nothing left.

Oh yeah, there is that darkness thing you love. That must be protected, even if it means defending the mistreatment of innocent new players. When it comes down to it, you're not really very smart at all.

I am trying to grow this website by welcoming new players. If there are more players, there are more people to learn from, and a victory becomes more significant.

You are trying to protect the status quo, keeping this website small. Up until this thread, I would not have thought so little of you. Like a little boy who cant win on the Pente board, you want to take your board and go home, i.e. have this thread deleted. This is nothing but ego for you, and you are the only one who cant see it.

zoeyk

Home page
bluegreen is trolling
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 4:19 AM

u posted the table chat, so i was there basically. and this is a public forum, so it is my business. and you behave like a guy whom is trolling the internet. so now im goina leave the convo as promised. HAPPY TROLLING /mr. blue green

caribou

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 4:37 PM

oh my, what a drama! funny to read though...

theskald

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 5:54 PM

Maybe we need to resurrect ZoeyK's thread about saying something nice about another pente player.

I'm newer than quite a few people on the site and have found the players to be friendly and, most of all, willing to play anyone.

I'm glad that higher ranked players have been willing to play with me when many games turned out to be uninteresting, I'm sure, from their perspective.

There are times that it is awkward for a new person in the main room, but when I was there I was greeted and invited to play.

I play turn-based almost entirely now, and the community here around turn-based is very good.

Dave (my real name)

jaqueline_

Posted: Feb 28, 2013, 12:05 AM

I know in my previous post I stated that it would be my last post. Clearly that is not the case. (I have been told that it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind and I am taking advantage of that...)

Bluegreen, when you initiated this thread you opened the door for public discussion. From my perspective, your initial post in this thread opened Pandora's box. However you only opened it a crack and exposed your interpretation of the facts as well as your perception of jhs's "transgression". We could say that you exposed only part of the truth, if indeed there is a truth. (The only true fact we have is the conversation at the table you were present in at the time.)

You wrote in one of your earlier posts that no one was addressing "the heart of the issue". I will address the heart of the issue as I see it.

I believe that this situation clearly illustrates one of the continuous 7 stories that have woven through history for thousands of years. It is the story of the victim, the persecutor, and the rescuer. All of us play these roles in different situations, and we also switch roles within any given drama. It has been referred to as "The Drama Triangle". Can you see the various roles that you have played in this drama?

My hunch is that you entered that table loaded for bear, set the trap, and believed that you caught yourself a bear. Although from my perspective you did not really catch a bear. You only thought you did.

In other words, I think that you had the belief that pente.org was a hostile environment and you had every intention of proving your theory. Furthermore I believe that the dialogue you posted proves my theory. I also have a hunch there was more dialogue that you did not post, possibly because it did not shed a good light on you. If we assume that the dialogue from the table that you posted is legitimate, (I believe that it is) then the initial reception that you received was quite gracious, in my opinion. MRR extended an invitation for you to play pente. Your reply to that was to lament about some previous situation that you had encountered. jhs then asked you your real name. And what was your reply? I don't recall it verbatim...but it went something like this-"what do you fear or what are you afraid of?" Bluegreen, let's get real. I don't believe for a minute that you were attempting to spread good cheer when you said that. I believe your reply was part of the trap you set to catch your bear.

After reading all of the posts, the only gatekeeper I could find was you. From your posts, it is clear you believe that the means justify the end. That is your prerogative. I think it is insane to think that we can illicit kindness and respect in another by being unkind and disrespectful. It also seems to me that you are operating with 2 sets of rules. A set for you and a different set for others.

Keep in mind that this post is only a truth as I see it. it is my interpretation... Situations and events are probably always neutral. We are the ones who interpret and give meaning to the situation. And we interpret it through the filter in our minds. Our minds are very clever and would lead us to believe that life is much more serious than what it really is.

There is sooo much more that I could say here, although I doubt that it would be understood or received in the manner in which it is intended.

And Jack I want you to know that when I read your apology I too had the thought that you were a class act. We all make mistakes. In my opinion a "mistake" is only another word for learning opportunity. I am sorry that yours was made public. My hope is that you don't wind up with a scarlet letter on your back... How do you look in red? It just occurred to me that if you are reading this, you are probably sitting there munching on a bowl of popcorn; Possibly waiting for intermission so that you can fetch a beer out of the refrigerator...

You da man Jack...

By the way bluegreen, I'm fairly certain that the whole world loves me. I just don't expect or demand them to realize it yet. I wish you well bluegreen...

Sincerely,
Jaqueline

jaqueline_

A New Day
Posted: Feb 28, 2013, 12:22 AM

The Pear Tree (author unknown)

There was once a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn an important lesson in life, so he sent them on a quest to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall. When they had all gone and come back, the father called them together to describe what they had seen.

The first son said : "The tree was ugly, bent and twisted."

The second son said : "No, it was covered with green buds and full of promise."

The third son disagreed, he said : "It was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing I have ever seen."

The last son disagreed with all of them, he said : "It was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment."

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree's life. He told them that one can't judge a tree, or a person by only one season and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

"If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, the fulfillment of your fall."

I believe that we are all experiencing this life to the best of our abilities and our knowledge at any given moment. When we know better, really know better, then and only then can we do better.

In addition I would like to say one more thing. But first I need to preface it. I in no way consider myself to be a Christian, nor do I believe or support any of the dogmas or teachings taught by Christianity. I do however believe that the core or the essence of the teachings of Jesus were quite profound.

One of them is this:

Forgive them as they know not what they do which for me translates as:

Forgive us as we know not what we do...

bluegreen

Re: bluegreen is trolling
Posted: Feb 28, 2013, 2:07 AM

I love Pente. It is a shame to see this website so dead, and I get seriously pissed off when I see someone, especially new players get turned away over complete nonsense.

kriswithak

Home page
Posted: Feb 28, 2013, 10:00 PM

Toilet....flush this forum of bg. swish swish swish...
flushed,swirl swirl swirl, plash down it went. Extra flush with bleach. again, down it went. Happy now!!!

richardiii

Posted: Feb 28, 2013, 10:26 PM

I think the guest option needs removing. I have never seen any good come from it. On the other hand i have seen a ton of bad.

Or keep the guest option, but make it so they can't enter any table owned by named peeps and visa-versa. Guests can then play anonymously with other guests, and named peeps won't have to get all paranoid.

Replies: 71   Views: 353,070   Pages: 5   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]