Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Sad to say, but this is one of the reasons there are so few new players
Replies: 71   Views: 351,625   Pages: 5   Last Post: Jun 3, 2015, 12:04 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 71   Views: 351,625   Pages: 5   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]
brf

Home page
Re: Sad to say, but this is one of the reasons there are so few new players
Posted: Mar 1, 2013, 8:15 PM

I'd +1 Rich's comment. Guest accts are simply not needed (especially on a free site).

If there is a valid reason guest accounts need to be here restrictions on writing anything to forums & the availability of the chat function in the game room should be taken away. I like Rich's idea that a guest can only access a guest table and play with other guests too....that would eliminate a bunch of problems.

Guest acct's just get abused too much the way they're set up right now.

kriswithak

Home page
Posted: Mar 1, 2013, 9:43 PM

Pente Players Rock!!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Message was edited by: kriswithak at Mar 1, 2013 3:49 PM

jasonb

Home page
Re:
Posted: Mar 1, 2013, 10:15 PM

Agree with Rich and brf regarding guest accounts. The only good I've seen come out of temporary accounts is they gave us the ability to log back in when the tables were frequently hanging up. There may be some other valid reasons, but none that I can think of.

freaknot

Home page
Posted: Mar 2, 2013, 1:20 AM

I can't believe this thread is still going!
THE END KAPUT OVER & DONE

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Mar 2, 2013, 3:31 AM

Yeah! I think that there has been just about enough said about this subject under the catagorization of (whatever, . . . you name it!), as another wikipedia subject under the category of game site protocol, so just let me add my one last comment! Blah blah, woof woof!

richardiii

Posted: Mar 2, 2013, 6:56 AM

To make sure that I covered every base, let me relate the fact that I have ten foot long atomantium man-boobs. I don't think we've covered that and the problem they pose enough yet.

I once tried to use a hack saw to cut them off, but they are made of freaking atomantium! I eventually had to have special wheeled trollies mounted on them just so I could walk in public.

I am just saying is all.

niobium

Posted: Mar 2, 2013, 4:57 PM

I'm planning to arrange a tournament for drunken players.
Am I allowed to ask for their names or not?

jaqueline_

Posted: Mar 2, 2013, 5:52 PM

Well...That is an interesting question, although I have no immediate answer...

I am able to reply with a few questions. This tournament you are planning; will it be pente or connect6? How much would I be required to drink in order to qualify as being drunk?(Dancing on the bar drunk, or just a wee bit tipsy?) Oh, and is there any rule as to what beverage I would need to drink in order to become drunk?

Btw, my name is jaqueline, and depending on your answers to my questions I may or may not be interested in registering...

kriswithak

Home page
Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 PM

Sorry, no time to read your post, I
am too busy playing!!

So... what ever that long message was???

Was not as important as play a game.

Cheers!!!!!!! push play button please

alisontate

Posted: Jun 3, 2015, 6:43 AM

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well

I have decided that after a long break away from here I would drop in and look around. I came across this thread and it brought back memories of why I left.

For the record I left for two reasons. Firstly, my career and personal life became too demanding so I needed to give up my addition - and it was an addiction coming in here to chat and play with everyone.

Secondly, as Bluegreen has said, there was a small but persistent group of people who just seemed to want to attack people. Towards the end of my time at this site, I was on the receiving end of some personal attacks from one person in particular. I got to the point with it that I just thought that "as I was going to leave anyway I may as well go now, as I just don't need this stress in my life.". So I did.

Since that time I have found it in my heart to understand and forgive, and also I think I have a thicker skin now. Some people just have to behave the way they do for their own reasons. I don't have to worry about why, that's their problem. I will just set them to ignore and go on my happy way.

I really do miss some of the people who played in that era - 2007 - 2012. If any of you are still around, perhaps send me a message to say hello and we could maybe chat and play some games.

Kind regards,
Ali

1crazy1

Posted: Jun 3, 2015, 10:03 AM

Text removed by me.

Message was edited by: 1crazy1 at Jun 5, 2015 2:45 AM

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jun 3, 2015, 12:04 PM

Now, now. This thread is from 2013 and the participants have long since buried the hatchet. This is one particular discussion that does not need reviving.

Let's settle our battles by means of a Pente board

Replies: 71   Views: 351,625   Pages: 5   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]