Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Sad to say, but this is one of the reasons there are so few new players
Replies: 71   Views: 353,044   Pages: 5   Last Post: Jun 3, 2015, 12:04 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 71   Views: 353,044   Pages: 5   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
kriswithak

Home page
Re: Sad to say, but this is one of the reasons there are so few new players
Posted: Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 PM

I really think you need to reach into your head, and play the computer. as it will never fail you. I am not fond of the word P***ping. After eading your post, there has to be some underlining issues with you!

We all have too much inegerety to keep babysitting you.

Sorry, but it is a game.

bluegreen

Posted: Feb 26, 2013, 10:45 PM

LOL.

I do not feel welcome here. Think about it logically, if I sign in as a guest, why would I tell someone my "real" name? You can ask, but yet you are the ones who get offended when you dont get the answer you want. And I dont claim to be a new player, or an easy win for a veteran. Yet, some of you regard that as deceptive. As if I was "trying to make a fool" out of someone. Wrong.

Again, you are focusing on me. I dont care how many of you need to stroke your paranoia. Personal attacks are standard operating procedure for here, and I'm used to it. THE PROBLEM, is when your ego and paranoia spill over to innocent players, like guest559.

Sad to say, but... none of us are as smart as we think we are. Contain your paranoia and your ego. Treat everyone with respect.

jasonb

Home page
Re:
Posted: Feb 26, 2013, 11:13 PM

If you have a problem with someone, it is best to take it up with them directly. Forums are for sharing ideas, not for berating people. Would be best to let this thread die. IMO.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 26, 2013, 11:52 PM

bluegreen said:

> Here, many of you smart people absolutely believe I
> am alisontate
. You are wrong. But there is no way to
> convince you otherwise.

> Same same for
> here, paranoia has absolutely convinced some of you
> that I am alisontate
. Her reputataion gets damaged,
> simply because some of you smart people are not as
> smart as you think you are

Zoeyk replies with:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only extraclassy has accused you of being alisontate thus far.
Furthermore, my earlier claim that you are wrongfully stereotyping a group of members based on what one individual member says has now been further validated.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 12:32 AM

jhs55: ]your a girl
jhs55: oh yeah, from downunder

These are just a few examples of the attacks I endure. Anyone who plays me will find me friendly, helpful, and encouraging; that is until they decide they are superior to me, and launch an interrogation. Most always, the attacks start by asking (if not demanding) my "real" name. I dont come here to complain when I am attacked, because as shown, I am perfectly capable of defending myself. But when a gatekeeper chases off a new player, it will be exposed.

Often I am accused of being alisontate, karlw, some others, even you. Granted my style of play may not be conventional to some, but I regard those accusations as a compliment.

But, here again, the point is, that the standard operating procedure has brought us to this point: VERY few active players, and shrinking. Obviously, there is a reason for that.

I understand, everyone who has contributed to this thread wants my head on a platter. So far, only jhs55 has manned-up to the real problem.

The rest of you, by default, appear to be taking the position that is is ok to interrogate and alienate any new player until they prove to you they are "really" a new player. If not, then why has no one else admitted that it is wrong to be rude to players they dont even know.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 12:42 AM

look man, im not saying your wrong on your points, but if you cant deliver your message in a correct manner then it wont be addressed the way you wanted and the way it is needed.

same thing like when i go to court, my message is true and good, but if i incorrectly submit it by not following guidelines and procedure then the argument no matter how important and valid it is it gets thrown out.

every one would had taken your side if only you had approached this differently. we all could had lifted you on our shoulders chanting your name as our new savior perhaps, but you simply didn't present your case in the right manner. sorry man.

i recommend you start a new thread, and represent your case in a manner that we can all respect, and thus defend you, as opposed to stepping back from you.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 12:49 AM

I dont need anyones support or approval. Its clear that many of you would never like me anyway. I am here to play pente against some of the best players in the world, and encourage new players to become regular players. Not to share personal details about myself.

Like you pointed out, either my arguement stands on its own merrits, or it doesnt. Obviously, it does. So those who feel like they are one of this website's gatekeepers, have to attack me personally. Good, done, fine, next.

But bringing the conversation back to the heart of the issue, treat every player with respect, especially new ones.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 1:03 AM

i can not address a fare and just issue that stems from and is built on top of a first post that violates a member's right to both privacy and the right to fare procedure whereby the channels of admin should be used first.

This thread should be locked, and deleted. and I urge you to resubmit your points and authorities in a new thread in a better manner. use sugar not vinegar. you may be surprised at how much support and results in your favor you would obtain in doing so. you probably don't want to, because you don't want to feel you are told what to do, and what was that thing said about fragile egos? right.

honestly i really want to take your side, and i would and will if....,
and it grieves me that you didn't allow me to thus far.

bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 1:10 AM

Weak, very weak. You cant invalidate my point, so you want to have it deleted. Yeah, this conversation is over.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 1:22 AM

i don't want to invalidate your point, its a great point etc. but its built on the premise of public humiliation that was uncalled for. you made a martyr of jhs55 when it wasn't necessary and attached thereto built your points of how the guests have been wrongfully treated. if i support your point it by default implies that i agree with how you did a public display of jhs's presumably private table talk. they are in this thread by definition joined at the hip by the way you presented them as a joined point. you tainted your own good point the moment you loaded it into a vessel of wrong doing and served them to us as a conjoined single entity of point.

if a cop breaks my door in and finds some good evidence should he be able to present the evidence when he didn't have a search warrant nor probable cause to break and enter?

either you don't get my point or you don't want to admit to its validity, simply as a tic for tac that you didnt get the support you wanted on your end.

and yes when i said slander, you are right in that i used the wrong word. for lack of a better word you made a "martyr" of someone without just cause.

bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 1:34 AM

So defensive, there is NO way I could present this without being attacked. NO WAY.

Table 2 was a public table, and m_r_r was the host. If it was a private table, that I hacked into, where people thought they had privacy, then your door-breaking cop analogy might apply.

As it was, guest559 may have thought, that seeing guest558 (me) in with other veteran players, that Table 2 was guest friendly. There is no time stamp on the text, but they were there no more than a minute or two before they were accused of being me, and called a curse word. So, surprise surprise, they split. I have seen that same scenario played out dozens, if not hundreds of times. Most of those times, its not just one gatekeeper, but many launching a baseless attack. And the other veteran players in that table will never say a word, for fear of what has been shown happening to me.

Again, this is just one example of how rudely guests and new players with new names are mistreated. I know some of the "new" players are malicious and false. But until someone misbehaves, they should be given the benefit of the doubt. The examples above are classic cases of abuse by veteran players who think they know more than they actually do.

From my life experience, suspicious people are that way because they themselves have something to hide. Of course, we can all think as we wish, but no one has the right to interrogate and alienate another player when that player has been polite and well mannered.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 1:45 AM

private or not private set on table the social rule and assumption of DWEEBO himself, and other members whom read the memo from DWEEBO before in a nut shell to the best of my belief and knowledge is that table chat is private unless all participants agree to its public submission or an admin has reviewed it and authorized it for public viewing. I told you in my first post to rewrite it as john and sally hypothetical names, because i wanted to take your side. but no that was too difficult for you, or you didn't understand the reason and need. all this wasted energy because your hell bent to display the actual names and private table talk. what a shame. I was actually rooting for you wanting you to adjust it. In lieu of your failure to comply with a reasonable and simple request you leave me feeling let down, and disappointed. too bad.

bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 1:57 AM

From the start, you have tried to make this a contest of will. Its a public table, if someone wants privacy, they have that option. In either case, it is not acceptable to be rude. Evil loves to hide in the darkness, as well as in the letter of the law.

Beyond that, it is pure stupidity. That is assuming someone doesnt have a financial stake in a competing website.

I didnt expose any personal details, nor would I. But this gatekeeping activity (as well as those who seek to hide it in the letter of the law) is harmful to the game and this website. The existing players, whether by design or default have brought this website to its current state. Obviously, something has to change or it will never revive.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 2:02 AM

What ever DWEEBO says is THE LAW. Dweebos law overrules your opinion ALWAYS within this domain AS LONG AS it does not violate any state or federal laws. If DWEEBO says the lobby is pink with purple polka dots, then IT IS. get it?

P.S. been waiting for a "methinks" comment. none thus far. interesting.

bluegreen

Posted: Feb 27, 2013, 2:08 AM

Ok Zoeyk, by the letter of the law, and all the evil that it hides, you made your point.

Replies: 71   Views: 353,044   Pages: 5   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]