Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: leaderboard
Replies: 94   Views: 264,722   Pages: 7   Last Post: Dec 1, 2008, 3:15 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 94   Views: 264,722   Pages: 7   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
redsky_iv

Home page
Re: leaderboard
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 8:43 PM

lmao zoey....yes I can imagine all kinds of players will want to drop their rating to see their name in all the glory and splendor of the next lower bracket.
Peter, please allow me to be the 1st person to request/volunteer to permanently remove his name from the leaderboard in an effort to A) free up space for the new players for which the board was designed and B) seperate himself from the orangutans (my apologies to the primate community, but decorum doesn't permit me to say what I'm really thinking) who can't see past the nose on their face long enough to entertain a thought for the greater good of the community.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 9:14 PM

thats a little uncalled for red. i didn't oppose your idea,..i merely found some humor in it. which was not directed at any one other than my self. your reply is personally attacking and offensive.

1 the orangutans comment (not needed)
and

who can't see past the nose on their face long enough to entertain a thought for the greater good of the community.

a heavy assumption red.

your slanderish as usual

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 9:24 PM

Hmmm I don't see where the slander is there zoey (or anywhere else in my posts for that matter....you should read up on peeps in glass houses btw).....my point is that the issue of the leaderboard and peeps so wrapped up on their name being on it is so repelling at this point that I don't want to be a part of it.....besides that I think it should be tailored to be more accessible to the new players for which it was designed. Your sarcasm doesn't read as a mere humorous post, but rather that I'm trying to introduce an idea that others would abuse which isn't likely. Again, my apologies.

mike321

Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 9:45 PM

red dint say who he thot the orangutans were.... theres no slander there

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 9:52 PM

for the record im not concerned if my name is on the leader board in actuality.
and my comment doesnt imply that your idea allows players to abuse it. your idea is worth thinking about i will say that much, but im not fully supporting it as of yet.
and this does not prove my reasons of why, when jumping the gun on theories of my thinking.
my primary concern is the community.
if you wish to disprove my claim then site your sources.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 9:58 PM

mike lets not split hairs,...he made the comment in response to mine, and we all know he was talking to me.

its so funny to me that you guys think its ok to be rude to players in here as long as a name isn't used and it is unprovable to whom it was referred to even tho the read inbetween the lines it 100% clear to the receiving end party. it is all the same,... and if it wasn't directed at me then it was directed at someone and that means at least one person who ever it is, is having it directed at them.

it might be witty, but its also uncalled for.
in my opinion

redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 10:03 PM

OK Z if youre serious about your response being in jest I can give the benefit of the doubt.....it sure doesn't look like it was to me tho and I looked at it a few times.
In an unrelated matter, it appears that I am being sued by a family of Orangutans. Ugh.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 10:13 PM

As far as different leaderboards for different brackets of players.

I thought about that for a little bit, but it just doesn't seem to make much sense. I think that same sort of concept worked ok for tournaments, but for a leaderboard I think it should be....well...the "leaders"

What I have been thinking about just a little is creating a different system at pente.org for player's to achieve fame and glory. Some sort of reward system unrelated to the ratings system. You could collect points by playing a game (wins or losses collect different points). I'd also like to make the puzzle area more interactive, so you could collect points by solving puzzles AND you could collect points by CREATING puzzles. I've got grand ideas for the puzzle area with a create puzzle, solve puzle or challenge puzzle framework, all designed around a point system of some kind.

Of course its mostly a dream at this point, though I have been messing around with an interactive puzzle system.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008, 10:51 PM

Wow sounds enticing D....appears you're a few steps ahead of me on that line....lol. Looking forward....

jhs55

Posted: Sep 21, 2008, 12:25 AM

it could be like in baseball, you have a batting average that is for everyday stuff, and then you have what is called a slugging percentage, take for instance I have a rating of 1531 overall, but how well did I play the preivious week , " A power rating ", lets say I won games against a few masters for that week and my rating would be way red, but only for that week,

karlw

Posted: Sep 21, 2008, 11:08 AM

if you want to use the leaderboard to encourage more playing, a good idea would be to require more than just "established" rating to get on. 20 games is easy. Make it something like 50 or 100 rated games before you can get on the leaderboard. Especially because people sometimes come on here, play 20 games against their much weaker friend, and bam they have a 2300 established rating for nothing.

-K

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
lepews

Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 2:59 AM

hey I'm topping the Boat Pente leaderboard with just 20 games

I don't see anyone playing a lot more Boat to come and get me off. Who was it again that introduced us to the boat rules? Oh yea I remember now lol

Guess what - I'm also topping the Keryo leaderboard with just a few hundred games. Where are all the Keryo players? We all know Riii hasn't got the balls to learn how to play it, but c'mon people - bring it on!!

hahaha

partica

Posted: Oct 1, 2008, 5:34 PM

Okay, since this posting I have watched the leaderboard and find it amazing the reds that have come out of the closet!

THE RED COATS ARE COMING! THE RED COATS ARE COMING! THE RED COATS ARE COMING! THE RED COATS ARE COMING! THE RED COATS ARE COMING!!!!

I think I am going to make a run for the leaderboard! LMAO

partica

Posted: Oct 1, 2008, 5:36 PM

Hey Lepews,
I am coming to get ya! haha Keryo Keryo Keryo!

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Oct 1, 2008, 10:31 PM

lepews;
>I don't see anyone playing a lot more Boat to come and get me off. Who was it again that introduced us to the boat rules? Oh yea I remember now lol

i did yes. the original reason i had introduced the boat version is this short story of me, my step dad, and boat pente;

when i was 15 years old i started playing my step father boat pente almost every day for many years. although when i turned 18 and moved out, i still lived local and played games with him a few days a week or so. around 22 years old i moved to the city due to my new job and the fact that i had gotten married, and my wife worked in the city too.

after that point i found my self seeing my parents less and less. i found my self missing being able to play boat pente with my step dad. one day i found pente.org and was like wow! lol i told him about it and he checked it out. but he didn't end up liking the original rules of pente, and said he'd probably play me more if boat pente were available. so i went on a mission to get it implemented.

once it was we did end up playing a bit. originally when i was 15 he would beat me all the time. around 19 ish we would tie every set just about. and in 2008 at 29 he beat me only about 5 games out of like 70 games i believe.

then there were other complications that came up medically and he hasnt been on as much too play me for a while. and ever since that happened i haven't felt like playing boat pente as much. yea, i know sounds strange of me,.. boat pente has been a family tradition for me, and with out the family present it just doesn't interest me as much too play it.

but i will make a point to knock you down on the leader board of boat pente now that you have brought it up

Replies: 94   Views: 264,722   Pages: 7   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Back to Topic List