Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: leaderboard
Replies: 94   Views: 264,675   Pages: 7   Last Post: Dec 1, 2008, 3:15 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 94   Views: 264,675   Pages: 7   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
redsky_iv

Home page
Re: leaderboard
Posted: Oct 1, 2008, 11:08 PM

Which ID is your Papa Zoey?.......Thx for sharin' your story...

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Oct 1, 2008, 11:09 PM

jayehoff, thanks

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
up2ng

Posted: Oct 2, 2008, 6:43 PM

I can't believe this thread is so long. I admit I haven't read much of it, only the last few comments so if I'm repeating anything, oh well.

First, I think it's cool that you're showing a little leaderboard right on the main page. I would say that 7 days is a bit short, I'd keep it to 30 days. I do like karlw's idea of requiring 50 or 100 games to get onto this leaderboard.

Here's my two cents. I think there should be multiple leaderboards. Perhaps two on display on the main page to be precise:

The first one would be pretty much how it is now with the above comments applying.

The second one would actually be multiple different leaderboards, that refresh every 5 seconds on the same screen space, rotating through each one. You can have boards for different game types (keryo, d-pente, boat, etc.) rotating through. You could also have things like a winning streak list, a number of games played list, a number of games played in the last 7 days list, a number of wins in the last 7 days list, a how much has your rating improved in the past 30 days list, and so on and so forth, limited only by how much of a pain it might be to dredge this info out of the database. Heck, even a recently joined list might be cool. Hopefully you can find enough different lists like this to highlight many different players.

redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Oct 2, 2008, 7:27 PM

Hmmmmm I already find it irritating when spending time here that the page refreshes the donor list as often as it does.....I'd be annoyed with a leaderboard doing the same type of rotation, and let's face it, not many are going to be concerned with who's on the variant boards (this coming from one who has a variant proposed nonetheless....).....perhaps a compromise between the 30 day and 7 day could work. 30 days is just too long for names to stay up that don't play regularly, I think 7 days is fine because there are players that are on every day who want to see more 'real time' action, but perhaps a 10 day would make more people happy (?)

watsu

Home page
Posted: Dec 1, 2008, 3:15 AM

Woohoo, 11 active reds (and two more players who've been red in the past active as well). We've got a royal flush in Pente leaderboard land! Hopefully, once we switch to set based ratings it'll look even better.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 94   Views: 264,675   Pages: 7   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
Back to Topic List