Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Ninuki Renju variant
Replies: 46   Views: 281,773   Pages: 4   Last Post: Jul 22, 2016, 12:17 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 46   Views: 281,773   Pages: 4   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
nosovs

Home page
Re: Ninuki Renju variant
Posted: Sep 7, 2008, 12:36 PM

http://nosovsky.narod.ru/Ninuki.zip
Ziped Word file with ninuki problem.

watsu

Home page
Re: Ninuki Renju variant
Posted: Jul 22, 2016, 12:17 AM

I'm revisiting/reviving this old thread since I'm working on a story in which a time traveler visits the era after the invention of ninuki renju but before the Japanese had proved that it wasn't fair. Since rated games are now played in sets (both turn based and real time games) we have greatly increased the Elo spread for pente (at least in turn based games), so in that sense, for better or worse the fair game option has been resolved in favor of rated games being played in sets. I think it would still be interesting to have some ninuki renju variants playable here; whether they would be exactly like what I describe in the first post or not is not as important to me as the idea of being able to play another stone game with captures which is somewhat more complex than pente. I've played a few ninuki renju games both over the board and online over the years and enjoyed them. My time traveler will likely be playing ninuki renju with poofs, though.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 46   Views: 281,773   Pages: 4   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]