Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: Names and numbers
Replies: 15   Views: 58,898   Pages: 2   Last Post: Mar 17, 2005, 5:13 PM by: jx330

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 15   Views: 58,898   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
emerald

Home page
Names and numbers
Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 5:40 AM

The main reason I click on peoples names is to see their rating. It would be cool to just list their rating next to their name in the rooms and such.

dweebo

Home page
Re: Names and numbers
Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 2:17 PM

Yes, of course, another one that would be good. The main sticky issue here is that there are more than 1 game played at DSG. Ok, obviously 99% of games are Pente, so that would be the rating used, but that is one of the reasons I've held off on this feature.

Also, I find it odd, but some players don't like to see ratings all over the place. They are just here for the fun of it, I remember being very surprised how upset some people were when I added the messages about ratings changes after each game!

Still, I want to do this as one as well.

Pente Rocks!
emerald

Home page
Posted: Mar 4, 2005, 12:15 AM

Yes I remember that also. I think I was one of the people suggesting that.

partica

Posted: Mar 4, 2005, 12:33 AM

Could you make it like a hover event, so when you hover over a name it pops up like a tool tip? I think if done this way you could include all ratings in a list like format!

Message was edited by: partica at Mar 3, 2005 6:33 PM

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 5, 2005, 10:04 PM

I could, but I'd have to add all of that myself (java AWT doesn't have built-in functionality for that I don't think). I will most likely just add a new column with ratings.

I was also thinking that it would be cool that when you're in a tournament room, it would show your seed and/or section you're in for the current round. That might take some work to add though.

Pente Rocks!
emerald

Home page
Posted: Mar 6, 2005, 7:54 AM

When you add the number can you color code them...That would rock....like Red if they are over 1700, Blue for 1550-1699, Green for 1400-1549 or something like that.......

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 7, 2005, 7:18 PM

Yes, that would rock. I will try to add that, but I might do it in stages, with the color coding in a later addition.

Pente Rocks!
up2ng

Posted: Mar 8, 2005, 2:15 AM

A lot of these suggestions sound similar to how things are done at kurnik...

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 8, 2005, 5:21 PM

Alright, I have to ask. What is your point?

Pente Rocks!
up2ng

Posted: Mar 8, 2005, 6:36 PM

I didn't really have a point! lol Just an observation.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 9, 2005, 5:03 PM

Ratings are now displayed in the player lists, woohoo!

Colors have also been created to group players into ratings categories, check it out, it looks pretty sweet. The breakdown of ratings by color is in a key in the main room.

I'd also like to point out:
- When in the main room, the ratings displayed are for Pente since that is the most commonly played game.
- When in a table, the ratings displayed are for whichever game is associated with that table (same thing for invite/boot lists).
- If we start having tournaments in other games (which we will), the main room will show ratings for whichever game the tournament is for.
- The colors are also displayed on the player profile, and in the player rankings page.

Pente Rocks!
partica

Posted: Mar 10, 2005, 6:51 AM

Okay while we are making improvements! Will it ever be possible to enlarge the main window? And I think you need a few more buttons on that main window LOL Okay so I am kidding there but seriously it would be really cool if one could enlarge the main window so as to make everything bigger, especially the main chat window hehe

The ratings thing and the color thing are really cool, I feel like I am in poland!

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 10, 2005, 2:57 PM

Yes we could enlarge the main window, the reason it's so small is for those users who still play at 640x480 resolution. But I could bring back the option to open it at 800x600 again, remember those days!

I really hate the chat window, I wish it were much better. I would like to be able to resize it, and also to click a button to "lock" it, so I could catchup with chat without it scrolling down on me. But it would be alot of work I think to redo it, someday hopefully.

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 11, 2005, 6:40 PM

I added sort options to the player list now, so you can sort by name or by rating!

A couple of notes about the sorting:
- Owners of tables and DSG admins are always at top of list
- When sorting by rating, provisional players will be at the bottom of list, even if they have a higher rating.

Pente Rocks!
up2ng

Posted: Mar 11, 2005, 7:51 PM

Nice tweek! I also like the auto-swap! Good times!

Replies: 15   Views: 58,898   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]