Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: Another feature
Replies: 7   Views: 23,106   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 17, 2005, 11:27 PM by: dweebo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 7   Views: 23,106   Pages: 1  
emerald

Home page
Another feature
Posted: Mar 2, 2005, 8:14 PM

Well it seems you are in an upgrading mood so here was one thing I always wanted.

Have it show if the other person has pressed PLAY and it is waiting for you to do so. Maybe have the play button flash red or something. This would really help in those times that a customer thought they hit the button but did not or when a setting was changed and they need to hit again.

Have the sit button flash red when no one is seated.........new users are always asking what needs to be done.

dweebo

Home page
Re: Another feature
Posted: Mar 2, 2005, 8:31 PM

Yes Yes Yes!!!! I definitely need to do something like that. It has always been in the back of my mind to add something like that (I remember thinking about it years ago when I last redesigned the interface, but decided I needed to get it done first, then I would go back and add it later!) Well its later now so I'll put those on my TODO list, its growing fast!

Thanks emerald,
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
xcrap

Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 3:14 AM

How about a feature where a player's name goes dim when they are still logged into a game room, but have shifted to a different window, or are visiting another site?

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 4:51 AM

Yes, again I have been meaning to add something like this, I have been thinking about it for the past week or so.

Basically the server would just keep track of how long the player has been idle (hasn't done anything) and after a certain time period would have their name dim. Also, anyone could see in a players stats how long they've been logged in and how long they've been idle. Its on the TODO list, its just not as simple to implement as I would like!

Pente Rocks!
emerald

Home page
Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 5:26 AM

MSN and some other programs know when they are the the one in front and send that status to the server. On yahoo, if you mouse over a users name it will make a little popup saying how long they have been idle.

Fun with computers huh.

emerald

Home page
Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 5:35 AM

I was thinking of another feature that would be cool. Maybe you can record the number of users that are currently online each 15 min and make that into some graph so it is easier to know when we should try to find a game.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 2:13 PM

I swear, you guys must be reading my TODO list or something, you keep thinking of the same good features as me! I only wish I had time for them all. Maybe I should post the TODO list here so everyone can see it. I really appreciate all the suggestions, keep them coming.

Determining when another window is in front, I don't think I can determine that from a java program, at least not with the 1.1.8 java that is supported at DSG. I think just having an idle time is good enough to start with.

Making a graph is another thing I keep itching to do, I have looked at a few java graphing API's and found one that I should be able to use to make somewhat real-time graphs. There are a bunch of statistics I would like to keep track of that I don't right now, and the main one would be what you suggested, that would be pretty sweet to see. Another interesting one would be a player's rating over time, I have competed at www.topcoder.com before and they have that feature, its nice.

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 17, 2005, 11:27 PM

I spent a little time today trying to figure out the graphing API for java I just downloaded.

Here is what I have right now, its not pretty yet, but here are 3 recent days worth of stats on the number of players logged into the game room.

I'll try and pretty it up and make it more dynamic and part of the site somewhere.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
Replies: 7   Views: 23,106   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]