Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Grand Master
Replies: 111   Views: 31,741   Pages: 8   Last Post: Sep 18, 2023, 11:05 PM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 111   Views: 31,741   Pages: 8   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
secshun8

Home page
Re: Grand Master
Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 3:07 AM

@zokey Your obsession with my persona is flattering if not a bit awkward. And I can even appreciate the enigmatic legend you’ve created of me. But your assertion that I used a secret swap2 opening created by Pgon is an astonishingly abject comment even for you to make. You’ve made a comical show of yourself consistently in the forums but to make such a claim as this is to give me far more credit than I deserve. I’ve no interest in ‘secret’ classified moves, studying the database, or losing five minutes reading your tutorial posts. Nor has MadHippo appeared in nearly three years.

I enjoyed our set last night. I enjoyed the loss and lesson. I enjoyed the room. But the space I permanently occupy in your mind is a true pleasure.

Literature and Philosophy instructor. Cop watcher. Treasure hunter. Writer. Constitutionalist.
invictus

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 3:39 AM

"enigmatic legend"
is that one rank above or below "official planetary pente grand master"?
i forget...

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 3:54 AM

@valleyboy
i was rated 1122 in speed live when i played z who was rated 1910 speed live.
he had everything to lose and nothing to gain but played me anyway.
as did every other pente master there.
so i can only assume he (and every other player there) loves the game as much as you do.
we may quibble over petty things like titles and ratings, but you will find that in the end, we all love the game.
so join us on a live table!

bloodied but unbowed
mumix

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 5:37 AM

When's the next battle royale, vic?

invictus

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 5:40 AM

@z sorry... forgot my dive suit.
i will try to remember next time.

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 6:17 AM

it is not my place to say, mu.
but i love and support the idea!
i know ned has asked repeatedly for a live game night.
8 is usually around.
never known watsu to turn down a good game.
the 4 of you would make a mighty fine live table!
set a date!
who knows? mebbe z or karl will show...

bloodied but unbowed
mumix

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 4:07 PM

z scares me though

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 4:46 PM

Retracted

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Sep 16, 2023, 6:20 PM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
invictus

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 5:12 PM

in my experience, mu, z has always been gracious in both his wins and his losses.
we butt heads often, but he is a good man and a great player.
nothing to fear.

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 5:40 PM

and if you ever get a 'vgg' (as opposed to the traditional 'gg')from z, consider that his highest compliment and cherish it.

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 5:47 PM

but what do i know.
i am but a lowly blue that couldnt possibly understand the nuanced moves of a pente master.

bloodied but unbowed
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 6:27 PM

Secshun8, perhaps I am mistaken. And if so then I apologize for my accusation.

But, maddhippo was at the table with me pente_gon and watsu. And pgon did make a request to keep it private and not use. And it was some time ago back when you used that account still.

But so, here is my question. In the game of you and ned, because I can not tell who placed the opening, who did it? You or ned?

And you may be correct secshun8. As I dig more, I see ned has used this open in D pente prior, several times. Which leads me to wonder. Is it merely a coincidence that ned came up with same open on his own, and repeatedly used it?

Ill also say that I think mumix was there too. As we looked at the opening on 2 different days I recall. So it is possible that mumix told ned about the opening? Or you? Or just complete coincidence.

But if coincidence, why ned used so many times. In my experience, ned does repeat openings when a player inspires him of a new opening idea. Hmmm.

Anyhow, I apologize for my assumption accusation to you. As now could be several possibilities.

I still don't like that you're using an alt name tho. That not changing. As far as negative things you say to me over time both public and private. I dont care of those things. You're still a player who brings value to the site.

And you're sometimes a nice person. I dont have any personal anger towards you.

But yes if I was site owner I would delete your account, and force you to use oldest account that hasn't been deleted.

Because site policy is site policy. I like rules being upheld, and not giving special treatment to a player just because they have talent.

And, I do not care if you waste 5 minutes on my tutorials or not. If they help just 1 player out there, then fine by me. Please, by all means, never read any of them. I would never want to bore you with my useless thoughts.

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Sep 16, 2023, 6:33 PM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 6:35 PM

@zoeyk - that's a nedhall17 opening proposal, based on studying pente_gon's swap2 tournament games if I'm not mistaken. At least Ned is the first player I've seen use pgon's openings here in D.

Message was edited by: watsu at Sep 16, 2023, 6:35 PM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 6:45 PM

Do you confirm that ned visited another site to study those games watsu?

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 16, 2023, 6:52 PM

What I can positively confirm is that 1. Pente_gon used this opening (i.e. 3/4 stones and then place the 4th as black when I took first player) against me in a swap2 tournament on another site. 2. I used three of the stones as a proposal against Ned in TB swap2 tournaments at least once, probably twice at a different site (without a database). 3. This was indeed a game proposal by Ned - I just checked and there was a swap in this game. Whether Ned visited the site I played againt Pente_gon on or not, most likely.

Message was edited by: watsu at Sep 16, 2023, 6:52 PM

Message was edited by: watsu at Sep 16, 2023, 6:55 PM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 111   Views: 31,741   Pages: 8   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]