Replies: 0   Views: 18,446   Pages: 1  

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
dweebo

Home page
Dweebo's notes for 1st week on new server
Posted: Nov 14, 2003, 5:34 AM

Just a few items of interest this week that I thought I'd share.

The game server went down for the 1st time yesterday night around 11:30. I discovered out of memory errors and realized I forgot to configure tomcat to start with a bigger max heap size (JAVA_OPTS=-Xms64M -Xmx512M). That should do the trick.

Also, this morning around 10:00 something happened, we have no idea what but it looked like some sort of disk corruption, or file system corruption. mysql stopped recording data, and all the logs files stopped logging as well I didn't notice until around 3 when I logged in to do a few things and promptly found myself unable to do anything, even rebooting! Had to put in a support ticket for a manual reboot and luckily 10 minutes later we were back in business. Hopefully this was some sort of fluke that won't happen again, we're not even sure where to begin looking for the problem.

In other news, we are still working on moving playpente.com over to the new machine. We plan to run apache as our web server, forwarding requests for pente.org to a tomcat server. Greg's site uses apache+php so he'll be all set. I got mod_jk compiled and configured just now on my home machine, that is what forwards things to tomcat. I tried for hours to get mod_jk2 working yesterday but it seems to have problems with redhat 9. Anyways, mod_jk will have to do.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]