Home » Forum Home » Analysis

Topic: P2's (karlw's) K9 M8 opening indepth analysis. A work in progress.
Replies: 18   Views: 64,828   Pages: 2   Last Post: Sep 13, 2007, 11:49 PM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 18   Views: 64,828   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
zoeyk

Home page
Re: P2's (karlw's) K9 M8 opening indepth analysis. A work in progress.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007, 10:01 AM

Well,.. and so the journey ends.
I never did get to prove my theory that karls style of M8 was flawed in a manner where it could be forcfully possitioned into a defeat 100% of the time. The code if it even existed will not be found. Karl has now changed his M8 style. not becuase it has ben beaten, but becuase he believes you must change your opening before it does. Not sure if that means I was really close or if he just thought I was or niether. I had thought about deleting this thread and its information, but something tells me its useful information perhaps. For the sake of not wanting to destroy knowledge I will keep the thread up.
It was a fun puzzle,.. a good hunt.
In retrospect I'm glad he changed when he did. The puzzle started to stress me out. cant stand a puzzle with no solution thats solid. Defies laws of logic. It isnt a flawless opening by any means. However as a black Opening Karlw has perfected it like a samuri sharpens his sword. Not flawless, but sure creates the illusion of it at times,... well done karl. I look forward to this new one you say is stronger. Ill be watching it in the data base to see what it can do. good luck....

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
karlw

Posted: Aug 16, 2007, 10:04 AM

thanks zoey, it was fun playing with you, even if i occasionally get frustrated by your strange demands. and i did know you were pretty close when you started studying N12; it's one of the toughest things for black to answer, and I knew that N11 was too defensive to stand up against a solid well-thought attack, so I changed up on you to force you to improvise. I don't think I broke any contract by doing so--that's how pente is played.

all the best,
karl

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
richardiii

Posted: Aug 18, 2007, 4:59 AM

Point of fact, all P2 openings are flawed, just some more than others.

}8¬)

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 13, 2007, 11:49 PM

hmm..

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
Replies: 18   Views: 64,828   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]