Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: tourney rules
Replies: 22   Views: 95,690   Pages: 2   Last Post: Mar 13, 2010, 8:24 PM by: up2ng

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 22   Views: 95,690   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
kriswithak

Home page
Re: tourney rules
Posted: Mar 11, 2010, 8:24 PM

Also I disagree that it is only a game.

Many pente players study, research, educate them selves, go into alto of depth to learn moves, go over data information, look over past games, keep notes. And really take this very serious. Pente is not like hop scotch, it is very intense. And should be respected more than just a game. It is a game of skill.

If you are in the minds set it is only a game then play the computer. And stay out of the tourney games. It is not JUST a game to the 2 players. That's why it is in the tourney area of playing.

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Mar 12, 2010, 1:20 AM

Kris ...Why you abused me ? Up2ng, Invictus, Zoey ...She sent me nasty private message . Is this accoding Pente.org rules?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Mar 12, 2010, 11:53 AM

ummm,.. i think the rule for nasty private messages is check the box in the players profile to ignore chat from this player. that was dweebo's rule to fix that problem the last time i heard about it.

im pretty sure ukie has got the point about saying TIME in a tourney. lets take the heat off of her before this turns into harassment, ok? thanks. ukie is a very kind hearted person, who like all of us makes a innocent mistake upon occasion.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
invictus

Posted: Mar 12, 2010, 12:49 PM

i agree wholeheartedly zoeyk. it was my desire to bring light to a subject that i felt needed addressing.....not to bash another player. i have known ukie a long time and deeply regret that i have caused or enabled any pain for her.

bloodied but unbowed
kriswithak

Home page
Posted: Mar 12, 2010, 9:13 PM

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM FYI I was responding to Ukie, and her several not so nice things she e-mail me......First,and second,so if you wish not to hear a reply from me....then do not e-mail me. With rude accusations. And possibly more if I had not used the ignore button. So , Ukie let's not play the victim role here. I do not play games of that nature.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Mar 13, 2010, 2:03 AM

you girls should keep your private email fights in private.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 13, 2010, 4:23 PM

i agree invictus.

i don't know if we explicitly say in the tourney rules anywhere what not to do when watching a tourney match but we should.

it would be a good idea for the server to print out a message to watchers when they first enter the room. not that anyone will read it but at it can't hurt

using the private table option is also a decent solution.

-Peter

Pente Rocks!
up2ng

Posted: Mar 13, 2010, 8:24 PM

I just wanted to point out here that I have edited the original chat content posted in this thread to censor out the usernames involved in the chat. Obviously because of the following posts made to the thread since then it will not help in this case...

From now on, please do everything you can to avoid posting actual chat content to these forums. In the rare case that you feel that it is necessary, please carefully censor out all usernames, both the tags to the chat items, and any username or real name contained within the chat itself. If certain parts of the chat content make the identity of one or more participants of the chat extremely obvious, censor out the entire line with ****** marks or something similar.

The privacy of the content within chat rooms should be respected by all individuals (and admins) going forward, as Dweebo has recently mentioned that he always considered this to be an unwritten policy around here.

Thanks.

Replies: 22   Views: 95,690   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]