Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: My tournament policies
Replies: 3   Views: 35,127   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 19, 2007, 9:16 PM by: karlw

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 35,127   Pages: 1  
karlw

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: My tournament policies
Posted: Jan 19, 2007, 2:56 AM

Since I haven't found a way to change the "official rules" section of dweebo's FAQ/Help page, I've decided to use the forum as a makeshift rule page. These are my tournament policies:

-Tournament rounds last 14 days, in which time it is the player's responsibility to discuss with his opponent(s) the best time to meet and play their games. If he encounters any trouble contacting his opponent, he would be wise to notify me of this, as it will be important later.

-If, after 14 days, there are still games that haven't been played, we enter a 48- or 72-hour (depending on a number of factors) "grace period," at the start of which I create a "player A vs. player B" topic in the tournament forum.

-If any player has not yet played his matches, or scheduled a time in the next 48 or 72 hours to play, then it is his duty to post in the topic with his name on it when in the period he will be on and willing to play his games.

-This match topic is the main source I will use in the event of a non-play to determine whose fault it is, and who makes the forfeit. Therefore, it is in the player's best interest to post in the topic, and show up at the times he mentions.

-The gist of these policies is if you want to stay alive in the tournament, you need to keep a constant eye on the tournament forum, and use them for all your communication. This way I can see who's trying to play, and who's missing in action, and you can have physical proof in the event you feel you shouldn't have been the one to forfeit.

If some of you are wondering why I waited so long to announce these rules, it's because many of them have been adapted over the course of this tournament season. Over time, I have learned what works and what doesn't work in getting the games played efficiently, and this is the result of 4 months' work.

dweebo

Home page
Re: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: My tournament policies
Posted: Jan 19, 2007, 3:27 PM

Well said, I agree completely with these policies and will add something to the help area when I get a chance.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
melanie

Home page
Posted: Jan 19, 2007, 4:18 PM

nicely done karl!

peace,

mel

Message was edited by: melanie at Jan 20, 2007 12:30 AM

karlw

Posted: Jan 19, 2007, 9:16 PM

thanks dweebo. it's kind of ironic posting in a forum about how important it is to check the forums lol.

Replies: 3   Views: 35,127   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]