Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: 5th annual H.O.T. Pente tourney
Replies: 3   Views: 34,681   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 14, 2006, 10:43 PM by: homebrew

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 34,681   Pages: 1  
homebrew

5th annual H.O.T. Pente tourney
Posted: Nov 12, 2006, 9:56 PM

Hey all,

The fifth annual Heart of Texas (H.O.T.) Pente tournament in Brady, TX has been scheduled for Saturday January 6, 2006. Registration will begin at Noon and play will start at 1:00 p.m. Entry fee is $1 (yes, the tourney is mostly for fun and getting to visit with fellow Pente players) and winner take all. The format will be round-robin. Everyone will play each other one two-game match. One point for each victory. The player with the most points at the end wins. In case of a tie, a playoff will determine the winner. If there are too many players, we will create brackets and have the bracket winners play each other for the championship. Tourney rules apply. The past couple of years we've had enough intermediate/beginner players to have a beginner and intermediate bracket with the players playing standard rules, and the winner of the intermediate bracket wins a Pente board set.

The past few years we've had around 20 players and the tourney usually lasts about 3 hours. For those of age, homebrewed beer and wine is available We usually get a pretty good mix of my students and ex-students along with members of the Pente community. Past winners have included Laconic, Jumpin721 (twice), and last year due to Jumpin721 not being able to make it, I finally won my own tourney Others who have attended in the past include pyloric valve, easywin, trazoc, partica, ctally127, kayce, blueyes2005, and many others.

We'd be happy to have anyone who can make it come by. In the past we've enjoyed good food, drinks and fun. Pictures from the second and third tourneys can be viewed on Jumpin721's website. We even had a pretty hot game of Texas hold-em break out a couple of years ago at the conclusion of the Pente. Plenty of Chess and Backgammon are played between rounds as well. I'd also like for someone who knows how to play Go to show up and teach me so I can use the Go set I have

Anyone interested in attending can contact me through Dweebo's or Brainking (I'm homebrew there) or Pente.net (I'm wow-u there). Or they can e-mail me at:
crsc@centex.net FYI, Brady is less than 2.5 hours from Austin and San Antonio, and about 4 hours from Dallas.

Hope to see ya there.

Rex
AKA homebrew or wow-u

homebrew

Re: 5th annual H.O.T. Pente tourney
Posted: Nov 12, 2006, 10:01 PM

Forget to include jumpin721's website:
http://us.geocities.com/jimfoers@swbell.net

Message was edited by: homebrew at Nov 12, 2006 4:03 PM

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Nov 13, 2006, 4:42 PM

Sounds great homebrew! I will donate a DSG shirt and some mugs if you want to give them out as prizes for winners (with my own money, not DSG money).

Let me know if you're interested.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
homebrew

Posted: Nov 14, 2006, 10:43 PM

Thanks, that would be great. I'll e-mail you my contact info.

Replies: 3   Views: 34,681   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]