Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: Anyone interested in..............
Replies: 13   Views: 33,654   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 5, 2005, 2:40 AM by: delgr

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 13   Views: 33,654   Pages: 1  
partica

Anyone interested in..............
Posted: Apr 16, 2005, 8:31 AM

another live tournament?

partica

Re: Anyone interested in..............
Posted: Apr 19, 2005, 5:50 AM

Don't everyone jump at once LMAO

marshall

Posted: Apr 20, 2005, 5:30 AM

sounds somewhat interesting but is it plausable? seems hard enough sometimes to get 2 people on here at the same time let alone a significant number (ie. 16) people to all take time away from work/significant others to go play pente...and even those of us w/o a ball and chain around our ankles (imitates whip cracking sounds in background) still have many financial obligations...for those newbies among us here what would something like this entail? ie. possible length, location(s), total cost, extravagent prizes (lol) ?

partica

Posted: Apr 20, 2005, 6:19 AM

Well we have had several live tournies in the past and I have to admit it is not for everyone but it is a darn good time!

emerald

Home page
Posted: Apr 20, 2005, 9:59 AM

I could do it but not if it is friday, saturday or sunday. I think like a tuesday evening one would work cause most people do nothing except maybe watch tv on that night.

marshall

Posted: Apr 20, 2005, 3:54 PM

ok, now i'm slightly confused here...which happens often...when u say "live" do u mean like live in person like i read somethin bout jumpin721 i believe hosted a tourny down in texas er sumthin, which albeit would be cool but would definitely be quite the undertaking...or do u just mean live like everyone on the site at the same time to play a whole tourny at once, like speed tournys but not speed pente?

partica

Posted: Apr 20, 2005, 5:39 PM

I am talking about a Live Over The Board In Person tourney! Check out the www.playpente.com website and you will seen that it has been done successfully several times over the past few years! LOL

Homebrew held one last December at his home, One was held August of last year in Vegas...There have been several held in Texas over the past two years...

up2ng

Posted: Apr 20, 2005, 10:17 PM

There has been lots of talk on and off about a tournament on the east coast, since that hasn't really been done yet besides small local get-togethers.

I know there is interest in that from several intermediate and advanced level players -- all that's left is for someone to be motivated enough to organize it!

homebrew

Posted: Apr 21, 2005, 12:56 AM

Thanks partica for setting Marshall straight on where our tourney was held. It's true, jumpin721 kicked our asses but it was at my house not his

marshall

Posted: Apr 21, 2005, 5:04 AM

lol, sorry bout that homebrew, didnt mean to take away from the all the work u did hosting your tourney...i did some research in the forums and read a little about the tourney u hosted and the ones jumpin held down in texas, mighta got em a little mixed together...sounded like some good times...vegas sounded fun as well but having someone host a tourney def. seems the cheaper way to go...if one were put together in the near future i for one would show genuine interest, based of course on when and where it was held, and perhaps could get my bro to go too if its not terribly far away...might i suggest the last week of june? (i'm on vacation that week )

marshall

Posted: Apr 21, 2005, 5:11 AM

grr, ok i'll get this all straight eventually...homebrew held the annual heart of texas pente tourneys, i jest read bout em on jumpins website...sorry again homebrew...i will bestow credit where its due...eventually...

dmitriking

Posted: May 4, 2005, 11:49 PM

THere was a live tournaent planned on the east coast a year ago or so, but I had to discontinue my involvement in the planning because of surgery. As it was, there was little to no interest. Perhaps someone can start a list of interest for an east coast tournament? IF we see al ist of 20-30 people, then I'll put some effort in. But as it stands, peopel don't seem to put much effort into organizing or participating in a live tournament.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: May 4, 2005, 11:54 PM

Well of course I would attend an east coast tournament!! I agree though, we need 20-30 players who agree to put an effort into attending before we spend much time planning it.

Pente Rocks!
delgr

Posted: May 5, 2005, 2:40 AM

I'm definitely interested in a live east coast tournament. I believe I could talk my bro into coming too...

Replies: 13   Views: 33,654   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]