Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: more pente addiction tourneys
Replies: 1   Views: 29,695   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 28, 2003, 4:29 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 29,695   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
more pente addiction tourneys
Posted: Jul 25, 2003, 11:47 PM

I have been "drafted" as a tournament director for pente addiction. I hope to have a lot of fun doing this, but please bear with me, as it is new to me. Probably most of my tournaments will be either on Monday or Wednesday nights, but I will consider other nights as well. Some ideas for tournaments which I am considering are: under 1400 tournaments for players with at least 20 games(i.e. established players) and perhaps team pente tournaments with a combined rating ceiling of say 3000 pts. Each player on the team would alternate making a move. Please send me a note if there are other types of tournaments which you would like to see..(I would love to have a poof pente tournament, but hope another T.D will host it so I can play :~}) Tom

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

watsu

Home page
Re: more pente addiction tourneys
Posted: Jul 28, 2003, 4:29 AM

I have just created a Wednesday night tournament for players with a rating under 1300 at pente.org. The start time will be 10p.m. EST. Register for the tourney at www.myleague.com/penteaddiction The games will be played here at pente.org. I am recommending that players who want to enter have played at least 10 or 15 rated games at the site, because with the provisional rating system after one lost game a players rating could be below 1300 pts, but this doesn't really say anything about the strength of the player. Hope to see you there! Tom

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 1   Views: 29,695   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]