Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Feb 6: Pente.net down again
Replies: 12   Views: 45,526   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 1, 2012, 1:57 AM by: atlbruce

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 12   Views: 45,526   Pages: 1  
whatyes

Feb 6: Pente.net down again
Posted: Feb 6, 2012, 6:11 PM

* sigh *

jasonb

Home page
Re: Feb 6: Pente.net down again
Posted: Feb 6, 2012, 10:31 PM

Agree.

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Feb 7, 2012, 1:12 AM

grrrrr....What the h.............

inigo

Home page
Posted: Feb 9, 2012, 1:22 AM

Really?
I've just started some games with a number of players, believing it was finally back up again. But the games are still at the beginning, and not at the point where anyone would be about to take a winning move.
Anyone know what happened?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 9, 2012, 6:04 AM

maybe if you all stopped playing at .net and instead played here then this site would be more populated. you betray this site to go there but when .net goes down who do you run to? .org that's who. if .org had a back your knives would be stuck in it. i personally hope .net goes down permanently.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
whatyes

Posted: Feb 9, 2012, 11:46 PM

Tell us how you REALLY feel, Zoeyk!

Well, here's MY situation: I found pente.net years and years ago. I would guess I've been on that site for well over 6 or 7 years. I got used to how it works and the people I played there. It became my comfort zone. When it went down, I went searching for other pente sites and found this one. This one is a big change. Not only do I not know anyone here, but the whole mechanics of how this site works are different so I have a new learning curve, not to mention the wacky variations of the game here that I've NEVER heard of before.

I'm willing to bet there are tons of people who play on both sites. Neither site is better or worse than the other (well, except now when .net keeps crashing, of course). They're simply two options for folks to get their pente fix. Like having multiple churches on street corners, it doesn't have to be 'us against them'.

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Feb 11, 2012, 5:58 AM

This site is where I renewed my interest in pente. The only reason I even searched out other sites, such as pente.net is because my primary computing device switched to the iPad, and this site does not support iOS devices which are quickly taking over the planet. About the only thing I use my PC for any more is archiving our photos and videos. It has essentially become a door stop.

I really like this site and the people that hang out here, but it needs some fresh code, in my humble opinion.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 15, 2012, 8:28 AM

ok sorry about what i said. i just feel bad to see the site so dead i guess.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
valleyboy

Posted: Feb 15, 2012, 7:50 PM

is there ever enough pente?

valleyboy

Posted: Feb 15, 2012, 8:28 PM

the Pente Gods heard me praise the game...the site's back up!

valleyboy

Posted: Feb 15, 2012, 8:31 PM

Any other site I'm playing on and run into a good player I always try to direct them to .org and the other premier sites they may have missed...spread it around as much as possible, promulgate the game, the love of the game, the best sites will only benefit...

whatyes

Posted: Feb 22, 2012, 1:25 AM

Feb. 22: .net down.

Yet again.

atlbruce

Posted: Mar 1, 2012, 1:57 AM

Looks like zoeyk is getting that wish. I believe .net is experiencing "true death", and many of the players will end up migrating over here, as I have.

Replies: 12   Views: 45,526   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List