Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: pente.net problems...still
Replies: 19   Views: 152,656   Pages: 2   Last Post: Mar 20, 2014, 3:28 AM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 19   Views: 152,656   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
jasonb

Home page
Re: pente.net problems...still
Posted: Jan 20, 2012, 4:37 PM

just won a game at pente.net. I think it's back??

atlbruce

Posted: Feb 28, 2012, 11:33 PM

Gone again. As am I, from that frustrating site. Hello, .org!

wango

Posted: Mar 15, 2014, 3:39 PM

Problems again with the ERROR after trying to make a winning move - it usually takes a long time for the webmaster to get the site working again

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Mar 18, 2014, 5:09 AM

Now that I've got pente here on iOS, I forgot all about pente.net.

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 20, 2014, 3:28 AM

yeah I used to play there but all the problems that site has makes it less than ideal. Ratings system that looks like it was designed for kindergarteners. Forum that you can post something but it takes 6 months for the owner to actually "approve" your post "request"...or more likely just plain ignore it as I've seen time and time again.

add to that the tons of games people stop playing in (when they're losing most often I've noticed) so those games never finish and are held hostage and no timeout is possible. Then there's the ever consistent offline status with never any kind of "check here..aka facebook\twitter??" for website issues, like anywhere else.

I did enjoy playing there once upon a time, but it and IYT just seem dated and not as cool as here or brainking to me nowadays. To be fair...IYT sucks worse to me but Pente.net's website isn't much better. It was cool in 1999 but nowadays the layout, navigation, and simpleton format just kind of turn me off for serious play.

Replies: 19   Views: 152,656   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List