Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Rare paper 1977 (only 200 made)Pente board,glass game pieces, signed playbk
Replies: 2   Views: 31,014   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 16, 2011, 1:54 AM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 2   Views: 31,014   Pages: 1  
michrich

Rare paper 1977 (only 200 made)Pente board,glass game pieces, signed playbk
Posted: Sep 13, 2011, 8:52 PM

I have an original paper (not the vinyl one)Pente board with the original playing pieces and signed play book. There were only 200 made and mine has never been used or even unrolled...it still has the original paper curling ribbon Gary Gabrel tied them up with.I've never even untied it!
The play book is copyrighted 1977 and signed by Gabrel and dated 1978. There are green glass beads in a green cloth bag and the tie is string. I got it from Gary at an OKC mall in early 1978. He was selling them to raise capitol to launch his business!
I had a 1 1/2 year old baby and one on the way and starting talking to Gary. I felt sorry for him because he was sitting at a table, alone, with all the rolled up papers and no body was buying...the people were there for a craft show.
I bought one for, I think,15 dollars! Whatever amount, it might as well have been 100.00, we were so broke!! My husband was furious! I told him I talked to Gary for some time and knew he was going places! I told my husband it was going to be worth something some day and he just laughed, until Gary sold his company to Parker Bros!! He told me to put it a safe place and I have moved it several times and it is still in pristine condition!
I do not know how to play, but I think there is suppose to be another color of glass playing pieces, but he only put the green ones in my bag! My daughter was getting fussy and I think he got flustered and didn't put them in!! I didn't know they were suppose to be there, I never even opened the bag for years because my husband had been so mad!
Does anyone know what it is worth??

gaylen

Home page
Re: Rare paper 1977 (only 200 made)Pente board,glass game pieces, signed playbk
Posted: Sep 15, 2011, 9:36 PM

I don't know, but maybe he would buy it back from you. Unless he still has some in stock maybe.

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Rare paper 1977 (only 200 made)Pente board,glass game pieces, signed playbk
Posted: Sep 16, 2011, 1:54 AM

i have gary on my facebook, if you want to send him a message let me know.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
Replies: 2   Views: 31,014   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List