Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Missing DB Games
Replies: 2   Views: 28,743   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 30, 2011, 2:18 PM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 2   Views: 28,743   Pages: 1  
evensteven

Missing DB Games
Posted: Apr 30, 2011, 8:43 AM

Where are some of the database games? Noticed that some guest games aren't showing. Also the forum thread view counter increases with every refresh. Also also the ai here is such an invaluable learning tool. Much obliged.

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Missing DB Games
Posted: Apr 30, 2011, 1:56 PM

~z

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Re: Missing DB Games
Posted: Apr 30, 2011, 2:18 PM

in reply to your concerns.

some of the data base games will be missing for various reasons. they are not actually missing. they are recorded, but simply some code needs to be tended to in order to make some of them viewable. your concern is valid, and has occurred before. simply state which days that games are missing from so that dweebo knows which days to fix. thanks for the help on that.

yes the counter does show the refreshes. it is a feature that needs to be worked on. but hey, not to long ago we didn't even have that feature. i made a request to dweebo one day to add it and he was kind enough to do a basic code for that. better than nothing i think. but yes its a nice idea to make it specific to IP addresses at some point. thanks.

as for the AI. yes i agree it is invaluable. it is actually a decent AI. the issue is the opening book it uses. a very very old basic opening book. i had talked with dweebo in past about making a new opening book for it which i have half completed. and have dropped the ball on the project for some time now. perhaps at some point i will reopen that project to get the AI fighting stronger and with more human creativity in the openings. thanks for reminding me about that.

~z

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
Replies: 2   Views: 28,743   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List