Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Thank you
Replies: 9   Views: 29,746   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 6, 2011, 3:03 AM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 9   Views: 29,746   Pages: 1  
ukie60

Home page
Thank you
Posted: Apr 5, 2011, 6:06 AM

Thank you Peter....
ukie

painter62

Re: Thank you
Posted: Apr 5, 2011, 6:21 AM

If the "thank you" is for getting this site back up and running then I'd like to add my thanks also. I think I suffered "withdrawal" symptoms this week.

illusion

Posted: Apr 5, 2011, 8:10 AM

thanks dweebo

aleph_1

Posted: Apr 5, 2011, 2:40 PM

You don't know what you've got til it's gone.
Thanks for everything, Peter.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Apr 5, 2011, 3:15 PM

no problem.

there wasn't a problem with pente.org, but the server it runs on was overloaded because of babyesp.com which ran on the same server.

i've now moved babyesp.com to a separate faster server, so things are running well again.

there is a tentative plan in place now to license the site operation to a new manager, starting in June. this is a very positive development! we'll tell you more when we know more.

Pente Rocks!
jhs55

Posted: Apr 5, 2011, 6:56 PM

yeah, Thanks Mr Dweebo, you da man !!!

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Apr 5, 2011, 9:39 PM

We gonna miss you Peter!!!! You always did a GREAT job on this site. You are such a nice and smart person. Thank you again for being so patient to us all this years . Wish you the best and God Bless....
Maybe sometimes you will come and play on Pente.org...
ukie

haggis

Posted: Apr 6, 2011, 1:16 AM

Yes. Thanks. For getting it back up and for having created the site at all. I can play every day because of you and that's a good thing.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 6, 2011, 2:41 AM

looks like your babyesp product is doing very well. thousands of parents already @ $4 a pop. good job! yes baby stuff is always a good market, and also a important area to contribute to. a win win peter.

and, thank you for every thing you have done for us over the years. my only regrets is we didn't have more time at the tables for chat and pente playing, and also so many back burner projects that had yet to be gotten to for the site. and also sorry for dropping the ball on some of the projects i said i was going to be able to help on. my pente brain gets burnt too easily on long term projects and is one of the reasons i don't like turn based.
but life and time is short and we cant have it all. must pick and chose how to spend it. ide say you invested more than your fare share to this site. and yes of course this site was a major stepping stone in your java and web advancements, but none the less your work here is admirable in my book. thank you.

i hope we can play a game some year in the future. would be fun. good luck in your endeavors.

z

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 6, 2011, 3:03 AM

ps,
i really hope the new manager comes through on the code development amongst other needed aspects for this site.
i think we should start making a to-do list for inspiration to the new guy. there are many ideas from several different people that one might not have thought of, so lets put our heads together on that perhaps. if some one could fish up all the old lists from the forum and paste them into a single thread for us to sort through that would be a great start maybe. and im sure new ideas will be added not yet fully discussed. like ideas to get more traffic here for one.
data based coding has a huge wish list that will probably not be for-filled, but doing a few of them will be a good idea at some point. and organizing tourneys is another thing. or even adding new types of games, or new AI opening book, or more visual table options, ext...
and have we reduced the java load time on the dash board for 56k users yet? i remember that was a reason that a huge percentage of people didn't stay when you examined the visitor stats. i assume the new dashboard resolved this but not sure.
and then there's the video tutorial back burner project. perhaps some one would team up on that with me to keep me motivated. up2ng maybe? i dunno. seems most members don't have the time to dive into those things.

anyways..

z

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
Replies: 9   Views: 29,746   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List