Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: New here input needed
Replies: 9   Views: 34,561   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 22, 2010, 12:31 AM by: oscarsear

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 9   Views: 34,561   Pages: 1  
oscarsear

New here input needed
Posted: Nov 20, 2010, 6:54 PM

Hello all,

My parents have asked me about their glass PENTE board game. They've had it forever, it is unused, etc. Anyone here interested in this? I hope this is not too out of line.

Dave

watsu

Home page
Re: New here input needed
Posted: Nov 20, 2010, 10:12 PM

Dave,
Depending on the asking price, I'm sure someone will be interested. The market for those is not as hot as it was a few years back with the economy in the tank, but a glass board in unused condition will still probably bring you a pretty decent amount. I couldn't tell you exactly how much, of course, but they've been known to sell for a few hundred in the past. Like I say, the market isn't great ATM, but who knows...

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
oscarsear

Posted: Nov 20, 2010, 11:31 PM

Okay... Well do people here sell things? I looked at the game. It is boxed. To me it isn't especially 'nifty'. The board itself is glass with a black painted playing surface. There are 4 black velvetine bags of the beads, each bag with a different color draw string. The instruction book is there and a few paper inserts. Is this the whole deal? Please forgive my dearth of Pente knowledge. I am more of a Scrabble person. Can we attach pics here?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Nov 20, 2010, 11:34 PM

i actually have a glass board my self. i tried to sell it recently with no luck. i then decided i didn't want to sell for the time being. and then recently i got a message from someone on ebay who is offering $400 plus shipping.
if you like i can connect you to this buyer. private message me if interested and i'll send you the buyers information.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
watsu

Home page
Posted: Nov 21, 2010, 1:04 AM

People here do buy and sell Pente related things, though generally via ebay auctions. It sounds like it's probably complete, but someone like zoeyk (see above) would probably have a better sense than I, since I don't own one of these.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Nov 21, 2010, 1:16 AM

i decided to give mine to my daughter when she turns 18.
by then the board will be close to 50 years old. and will be worth some serious money i think. i'll guess an easy $1,000

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
watsu

Home page
Posted: Nov 21, 2010, 2:55 AM

I'd guess more than that just because of inflation.

oscarsear

Posted: Nov 21, 2010, 8:40 PM

Well I listed the bugger on Ebay, item # 150523229929 Don't know how to post a link here or I would. I have set a reserve sorta determined by y'all here. We'll see what happens. I'll gladly answer questions from here or via ebay. I do appreciate the feedback from here.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Nov 21, 2010, 9:44 PM

link for ebay auction

oscarsear

Posted: Nov 22, 2010, 12:31 AM

thnx.....

Replies: 9   Views: 34,561   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List