Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: The Food Lovers Thread
Replies: 2   Views: 32,606   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 20, 2010, 6:04 AM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 2   Views: 32,606   Pages: 1  
zoeyk

Home page
The Food Lovers Thread
Posted: Aug 20, 2010, 3:24 AM

well, as many of you know, i cook for a living. thus i love food. most people like food right? we all eat the stuff .

so i thought ide make a place for us to share our culinary joys.

instead of starting with recipes, i thought ide kick it off with some videos of fine cooking equipment,.. what better to start with than the knife its self? so with out further ado.. a bit about one of the worlds best knives, of which i happen to own my self. enjoy.

CBS interview of Mr. "Bob Kramer", world Grand Master of knife making, and designer of the famous "Shun" line.

and now Alton Brown breaking down the physics of the Shun.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

zoeyk

Home page
Re: The Food Lovers Thread
Posted: Aug 20, 2010, 5:05 AM

ok,.. now lets go into some food recipes. what is zoeyk's favorite region of food at the moment?

Thai Food!!

if you have never tried it, for gods sake get out from beneath that rock and try some... you will probably thank me.

i love me some crab thai fried rice

heres one of the classics,.. "Pad thai".. Pad means noodles in thai.

and now one of my favorites, duck in thai red curry.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Re: The Food Lovers Thread
Posted: Aug 20, 2010, 6:04 AM

and now, prepare to witness one of the most amazing culinary experiences known to man, ever. i hope you ate before watching this, other wise it might taunt you a bit. enjoy!

A Cook's Tour with Anthony Bourdain visiting Thomas Keller's The French Laundry with his taste squad including Michael Ruhlman, Chef Eric Ripert of "Le Bernardin" and Chef Scott Bryan of "Veritas".

Anthony almost cries because its so over whelming, hehe.
Keep in mind Anthony is a very cynical food critic...

Part One.

Part Two.

Replies: 2   Views: 32,606   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List