Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Portland OTB Pente
Replies: 8   Views: 34,672   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 21, 2010, 5:31 PM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 8   Views: 34,672   Pages: 1  
karlw

Portland OTB Pente
Posted: Jul 4, 2010, 4:06 AM

Hello pente community,

Since graduating college in May I have had significantly more free time, and have been playing a lot more pente trying to get back to form. I have a full-time tutoring job lined up starting mid-August, so I want to have a month of serious pente play before letting my game drift back to amateur level for God knows how long. From forum posts and conversations I have deduced that quite a few pente players live in Portland. I would love to meet a certain player and thank him for putting on a certain holiday-themed tournament these past 4 years. I would love to meet a certain other playerand show him that I am not a database whore (yes, i remember). If any Portland pente pros would like to meet at a cafe or bar and play some OTB pente, let me know and I'll try to work something out.

Caveat: I currently have stones, but my board has gone missing. I am looking for it.

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Portland OTB Pente
Posted: Jul 4, 2010, 1:48 PM

hmm i dont live in portland, but i was born there, can i come possibly?

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
jackschidt

Posted: Jul 4, 2010, 10:19 PM

Good to hear that someone around here has some real stones!!!

jhs55

Posted: Jul 6, 2010, 8:56 PM

Take some pictures karl then post em here , ...

brf

Home page
Posted: Dec 14, 2010, 11:54 PM

Well to those of you who made it to the 2010 Session last Friday thanks for the games! (that'd be Myself, Gaylen, Ilurath, Karlw, Lope) we were hoping Snut and Rob Smith would show but they had something come up last minute and couldn't make it.

It was a great session of pente though with a lot of Ninkasi Sleigh'rs quaffed. We started at noon and I rolled out of their at like 9:30pm...awesome time guys!

I'll try and get something worked out for earlier next year and we'll go for another round before it gets so late in the year. My thanks to Gaylen for actually prodding us to get the ball rolling on this for 2010 since he had a limited window of Oregon time.

PDX pente 2010 Rocked it!

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Dec 19, 2010, 11:04 AM

Ninkasi Sleigh'rs quaffed?
PDX pente?

am i supposed to understand this?

any how, wow sounds great! wish i could had been there. just wasnt in the cards. but i would love a chance to meet up for some OTB. i'll give ya a run fer your money

and i hear they got some good beer up there.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
gaylen

Home page
Posted: Dec 19, 2010, 7:17 PM

Pdx = Portland airport code.
Ninkasi Brewing Company....Eugene, OR

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Dec 19, 2010, 10:52 PM

ok

brf

Home page
Posted: Dec 21, 2010, 5:31 PM

Thanks for translating Gaylen wasn't thinking about that when I posted this. I figured pdx was easier than typing portland and who doesn't know Ninkasi brewery (#1 growing in the US for 2010)??? There must be alot of deprived pente players out there!!!

for those of you who don't know what you're missing I'd be asking how you can get some of this dark double alt (Ninkasi Sleigh'r) in a store near you ASAP.

I would say though if you're planning on playing live pente in Oregon plan on partying hard....we set a pretty high bar

Replies: 8   Views: 34,672   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List