Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Iphone Access or App
Replies: 43   Views: 235,872   Pages: 3   Last Post: Sep 9, 2015, 10:17 AM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 43   Views: 235,872   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
jasonb

Home page
Re: iPhone, iPad, iPod Access
Posted: Feb 25, 2013, 9:32 PM

Yea, you can probably tell I know zip about iOS coding. Only coding I've ever learned is VBA.

Thanks for all the hard work.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 21, 2013, 10:29 PM

I was wondering, if I were to do notifications, I would have to store users' login details on a server (AFAIK), which implies I have full access to your username/password pairs.

Who is comfortable with that?

PS: in the early iOS notification days there was hardly notification support from gmail and the likes, so third party apps did exactly that. They had and used your gmail login details to keep an eye on your inbox and notify you if/when new mail arrived. I remember it didn't bother me back then.

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Mar 21, 2013, 11:46 PM

Don't think you will get many takers, but then again, I am shocked at how many people give apps access to thier Facebook accounts.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 24, 2013, 11:01 AM

Ideally, this part would be integrated into pente.org but I don't own that website. We will see, I'm putting it in the freezer for now.

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Mar 30, 2014, 10:46 PM

FYI App still works great, but the icon has been broken on the iPad since iOS 7.0. Icon appears to be bulls eye layout grid.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 31, 2014, 10:40 AM

That is weird. Does the icon come back if you remove the app and reinstall it? (Note that removing will also remove your settings: login details, collapsed sections and the usernames dictionary of people you invited/messaged.)

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2014, 5:05 AM

Yea, just deleted and re-installed, icon still broken on iPad 3. I noticed the same problem on a friends iPad 2. Icon was fine before the update and turned to white bullseye immediately after the update. I'm guessing it was version 1.1.91 that did it.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2014, 2:15 PM

I will take a look at it and hopefully fix it in the next update. If it doesn't, then feel free to give me a shout and a reminder

katysmom

Re: Iphone Access or App
Posted: May 2, 2014, 9:30 PM

I just want to thank you so much for working on this!! I really think without mobile functionality it is hard to maintain a user base. Also quite handy for those times when the PC dies and people freak out because they have turn based moves that MUST be made. (As happened to invictus this week.) Trying out the iPad version and Droid phone versions. This is going to make vic's night! Will let you know what I think. =)

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Iphone Access or App
Posted: May 3, 2014, 11:38 AM

True that, I wish I had the time right now to develop an android app to interface with the website. Right now, the android app is still Dweebo's old app, and only supports play against an AI.

The iPad app is also sadly only an emulated iPhone app, but it does the job for turn-based games.

cropleyb

Posted: May 17, 2014, 3:36 PM

> I was wondering, if I were to do notifications, I would have to store users'
> login details on a server (AFAIK), which implies I have full access to your
> username/password pairs.
>
> Who is comfortable with that?

Regarding the storage of usernames and passwords, it is possible to authenticate messages from the players on the server, without storing the passwords on the server. If you're interested, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography

Hope that helps,
Bruce

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: May 19, 2014, 8:30 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the tip
I've been meddling with cryptography (mainly asymmetric) for a while, and that is indeed a solution, but it's a long way around also.

That was back in the day when I didn't own the server, even for PKI to work I would have the users need to trust another server to receive information about their playing habits and send off the proper notifications to Apple (and then their device). And also trust me not to do evil things with that information.

That was my biggest hurdle, now that I own the server, I don't have a need for a 2nd one for notifications only, and I also don't need that extra trust from the other players anymore.

There are no more hurdles for notifications other than me figuring out how to code it and making time to do so.

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Oct 11, 2014, 3:54 AM

Just wanted to let you know the broken Icon was fixed on iPad with your latest update.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Sep 9, 2015, 10:17 AM

Today's update has pretty pretty stones and name colors. Soon the app will be a fashion item, get it while it's hot!

Replies: 43   Views: 235,872   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]