Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Beginner's Room
Replies: 2   Views: 35,573   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 31, 2009, 3:40 PM by: dweebo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 2   Views: 35,573   Pages: 1  
painter62

Beginner's Room
Posted: Dec 31, 2009, 7:11 AM

In response to an earlier request a BEGINNER'S room was added as a choice next to the JOIN ROOM box. It might be helpful for newcomers to know this is an option for them - a place where they can practice and find players who are still learning before they try to engage the advanced players in the MAIN ROOM. I think it's important to advise new players to play unrated until they're really ready to go toe to toe in a rated match.
I also think it would be helpful for new players to be aware that some players use multiple names.
If the objective of the site is to attract and keep new members, it only makes good sense to make them feel welcome and give them an environment in which they can learn the game. I hope this will be helpful.

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Help/FAQ updates?
Posted: Dec 31, 2009, 10:50 AM

i like painters idea.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
dweebo

Home page
Re: Beginner's Room
Posted: Dec 31, 2009, 3:40 PM

I did update the welcome email that gets sent out to new players with a sentence about the beginners room.

I suppose new players could automatically be taken to the beginner's room, or a new page could come up before entering the game room if you have played < X games telling new players about that option.

Whether or not to play unrated or rated is up to each player, I don't see why new players shouldn't play rated games!

(Also I branched this topic off into a new thread)
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
Replies: 2   Views: 35,573   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List