Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: NEW! - Pente.org now has TeamSpeak! (again! lol)
Replies: 15   Views: 164,216   Pages: 2   Last Post: Apr 2, 2014, 4:04 AM by: cfisch

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 15   Views: 164,216   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
zoeyk

Home page
NEW! - Pente.org now has TeamSpeak! (again! lol)
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 5:24 AM

Please scroll down to rainwolf's post to see the news about the new TS server, as all post above his are referring to an old server that is no longer active. enjoy!

or simply go here for the new thread dedicated on the subject:
http://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=230090&tstart=0

Pente.org now has a TeamSpeak2 Server. Smeefpeef and i have purchased a 12 month contract from a company to host a TeamSpeak2 Server out of Dallas Texas for Players at Pente.org to use for free.

yup,..its free for you to use.

Now players can talk with microphones in a secure voice chat room.

you will need to purchase a microphone if you don't currently have one. you can buy a cheap one for around $10.

I have made a tutorial video explaining how to get started.

here is some info you will need;

THE DOWN LOAD URL FOR THE TEAMSPEAK2 INSTALLER.

http://teamspeak.netfire.com/releases/ts2_client_rc2_2032.exe

THE IP/PORT CODE FOR CONNECTING TO THE PENTE SERVER.

cordesh.zebgames.com:8768

And, The Video Tutorial.

Good luck!

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

smeefpeef

Re: NEW! - Pente.org now has TeamSpeak!
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 6:13 PM

Yay!

Good job on the tutorial Z!

We were trying it out last night - Fun! Lol - in fact, there's me and katysmom in the room in the tutorial.

So, c'mon in and chat at us everybody!!!

Peace!

P.S.: Once again,

DOWNLOAD THE TEAMSPEAK2 INSTALLER HERE:

http://teamspeak.netfire.com/releases/ts2_client_rc2_2032.exe

THE IP/PORT CODE FOR CONNECTING TO THE PENTE SERVER.

cordesh.zebgames.com:8768

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Jun 7, 2009, 5:14 PM

Thank you Smeef and Zoey...Ukie really likes this....You did GREAT job guys....Thank you again
Inna

blackkllab

Home page
Posted: Jun 8, 2009, 4:48 AM

That was very nice of you and Smeef, but couldn't players just use Skype for free?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 8, 2009, 10:47 AM

im not a expert on skype, although i have used it.
but team speak offers some functionality that skype doesnt.
it is a dedicated hosted room that currently holds up to 15 players that can enter together at the same time. we can expand the amount allowed if needed later on.
and it has the ability to have admins and moderators to control abuse from internet people.
it has multiple rooms we can create with names,... and they can have passwords or they can be public.
its a nice voip service in my opinion. and it is very popular with online professional video gamers too i might add.

also teamspeak2 is designed to address peoples internet connection issues. it functions on a lower band width,..however it still sounds pretty good. not as nice as a program called ventrillo mind you, but ventrillo requires broad band to function right. so this is why we are going with teamspeak2.

also in skype you dont really stay anonymous. in teamspeak you can enter a dedicated room with a secret name of your choice, if you want to check out who's on with out alerting the world who are. kinda cool for those who just want to check it out for the sake of curiosity.

kinda reminds me of some players here at this site hehe.

~zoeyk

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
smeefpeef

Posted: Jun 8, 2009, 5:39 PM

IMHO:

The primary advantage of Teamspeak over Skype (aside from better bandwidth management) is that on Teamspeak players don't have to wait their turn on mic; anyone can talk at any time, and multiple users speaking at the same time can still be heard. Teamspeak is designed for, and much more conducive to a gaming environment than Skype.

Just my humble O...

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Jun 8, 2009, 7:34 PM

very cool!

thanks guys for doing this for pente.org. i don't imagine using it myself, but that is awesome that you took the initiative and did this for the community.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 25, 2009, 2:35 AM

bump! just in case some new players didn't know this was available for the pente community.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Aug 22, 2013, 9:10 AM

i think it would be cool to have a dedicated VOIP built into the lobby or table. not sure how it would effect the servers speed. just a thought.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Sep 15, 2013, 8:42 PM

True that. I'm playing some live games now since a very very long time, and I forgot how vastly different it is from TB (I love speed games), and TS or something similar would be nice, it's on my ToDo list now.

I figure that keeping swearing to a minimum will be the hardest part

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 31, 2014, 8:25 PM

As an experiment, I have added a teamspeak3 server to pente.org. It's configured out of the box and should be considered "alpha".
Part of the experiment is to see if pente.org can handle the extra load, how to handle possible abuse, and in the future, possibly integrate it in pente.org.

To get started, download the client and enter "pente.org" in the server field.

This is set up out of the box, which means I currently have 32 slots on the server for free because it is unlicensed. Mind that if the server denies you access at first.

Have fun, after all, that's what we're here for

cfisch

Posted: Apr 1, 2014, 5:04 AM

Ok, installed the TS client and attempted to connect to (I assume) a TS server hosted at pente.org.

Seems to me that TS can't connect to the ts-server at pente.org --> redirects the client to Teamspeak[1]server and connects there by default (that is, if i'm reading the status msg correctly)

Edit: After watching the client/setup tutorial video at teamspeak.com, I noticed they show a server port number designation (within the server specifier field).

I'm not sure if that applies here, but it might look something like this: www.pente.org : xxxx (where 'xxxx' is a port number)

Q? do we need a similar port specifier in the server field?

Message was edited by: cfisch at Apr 1, 2014 5:47 AM

Message was edited by: cfisch at Apr 1, 2014 6:00 AM

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2014, 8:26 AM

thanks rainwolf this is awesome! i will play with this when i get a chance. hopefully we can get enough players interested.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2014, 9:49 AM

yw zoeyk, hope it works brilliantly.

@cfisch: I see that too, but the status msgs also say connected to pente.org (for me on my mac), I figure I haven't given the server a proper name and it just calls itself teamspeak ]I[ server.

I saw the tutorials as well, and port numbers seem to be for teamspeak2, teamspeak3 seems to have default port numbers.

If I am wrong about this, come back here and we'll figure out how to get this and you up and running.

PS: I didn't put up loud and clear for everybody on the dashboard yet because I wanted to run a trial first.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2014, 11:10 AM

I managed to edit some properties and anyone connecting should see something recognizable to assure you that you connected to the pente.org server.
Currently there are only 32 free slots, which should do for now and for the experiment. I can apply for a license that can increase that but that is for future consideration.

Replies: 15   Views: 164,216   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
Back to Topic List