Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Nostalgia
Replies: 9   Views: 37,779   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 29, 2009, 8:14 AM by: wtfdytiida

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 9   Views: 37,779   Pages: 1  
snut

Home page
Nostalgia
Posted: May 26, 2009, 11:42 PM

I first logged on to this site about 8 or 9 years ago. Back then you'd see the worlds top players here almost every day / night. They were always more than ready to help out with your pente development, and I can't remember a mean word being said, EVER! It was cool, and I grew to love this site.

I come here now, and read the posts and can't believe the BS (and yes, I realize that i've placed a few BS posts myself, but I've decided to give that up since it's not in the spirit of pente, or what DSG was originally).

I'm sorry Dweebo, but your site is nothing like it use to be....And the love i once felt for it is long gone. I log in now and then to see how things have changed, and it's never for the better (except for actual website changes, you've really made the site killer, Peter!!). It's no wonder you don't see many of the DSG originals around here any longer...And probably never will again. And that's a shame.

-Snut

Message was edited by: snut at Jun 1, 2009 10:34 AM

karlw

Re: Nostalgia
Posted: May 27, 2009, 7:05 AM

http://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=2182&tstart=45

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
snut

Home page
Posted: May 27, 2009, 6:49 PM

Yep, those were cool days, Karlw... Not much to care about except playing Pente all night long. heheheh... Way fun..

Dweebo has made many many many improvements over the years. I have to say that the latest version rocks, Peter!!! Thank you for all your hard work man...

-Snut

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: May 28, 2009, 1:30 AM

when i first came to this site i came with a positive attitude. i believe the first thread i was involved in was me trying to implement Boat-Pente.

and in that thread i was basically attacked instead of embraced with open arms.

for the first half of my stay here i tried to get along, but players enjoyed attacking me for the reaction they would get from me.

the problem you speak of is much broader than just myself.

here is some stuff i have copied n pasted from eriks many posts as a few examples. these happened to be from his baddsixx9 and his redsky_iv names. i havnt had a chance to dig into his other names yet Ie. squirllking.

f***tard
You're a complete idiot
knucklehead
f**k
Shut it
bucket of bullshit
shut it fer f*x sake
you knuckleheads
A)stupid, B)retarded and C) stupid and retarded.
OMG how dumb can one guy be
Who left the damned lock off the spider monkey cage
stupidity reigns supreme
numbnuts
gawd youre a complete 1/2 of a baboon's testicle
any other monkey that wants to talk s**t
Who's the Dumbassiest of the Dumbasses in Dumbassville?
**** this place
You guys stink the place up too much
I don't enjoy arguing as a rule, I just happen to be 'gifted' that way and am well-equipped when provoked
You people REALLY need to get laid
emotionally biased bitching
ignorant opinion
bullshit
At least I whipped your *** in that last game
[removed by dweebo, personal stuff not related to this thread]
my apologies to the primate community
Orangutans

Message was edited by: zoeyk at May 27, 2009 8:18 PM

Message was edited by: zoeyk at May 28, 2009 6:06 PM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
richardiii

Posted: May 28, 2009, 4:37 AM

LOL! I like the baboon testicle thingy, but it's not fare cause i prob only rate less than a quarter of testicle.

Do you think if I posted as my pic a full set of baboon testicles, I'd get hounded for being haughty?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: May 28, 2009, 11:42 AM

lets make peace here,..several of us have played a part in the tarnishing of the forums. i am going to work on turning the cheek. i hope that others can make a effort to be sensitive to others feelings as well.

please accept my apologies and allow us to go back to what it used to be like as you say. ive never seen such a place as when i first came to this site in 2007 it was a volatile place to begin with. this magical place of no fighting is alien to my experiences here from day one,..but it sounds like a nice place to be. it takes a village to raise a child so they say, and it will take a village to restore this forum. it takes 2 to have a war. so lets all try to be kind to each other.
again im very sorry for my roll in promoting flame wars in this site.

lets be kind to our fellow players.

~zoeyk

Message was edited by: zoeyk at May 28, 2009 5:54 PM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
karlw

Posted: May 28, 2009, 7:29 PM

Message was edited by: karlw at May 28, 2009 6:10 PM because we're all NICE PEOPLE now!

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: May 28, 2009, 9:29 PM

Message was edited by: zoeyk at May 28, 2009 11:08 PM

richardiii

Posted: May 29, 2009, 4:07 AM

Hey, don't detract from the cool insults! What about a set of 'flaming' baboon testicles for my pic? and if it goes over well i'll have it tattooed under my 'MOM' tattoo which is right next to a Butt tattoo, which just happens to be on my butt... oh come on! where else would you put a butt tattoo? well ok, maybe your forehead would be a real powerful statement kind of place, but concentric butts is a powerful cosmic algorithm.

wtfdytiida

Goodness Gracious GREAT BALLS O' FIRE.......!!!!!!!
Posted: May 29, 2009, 8:14 AM

So are we evolving past the flame-war to the next step of enlightenment (The Flaming Testicle War)?
That'd be a hell of a pic if you were standing on your hands Rich......the word 'WOW' with some flaming monkey testicles on your butt's butt.....bolstering the theory that tattoos are oftentimes just bad decisions made in haste, but other n' that it sounds like inspiration lol....Is there such thing as a communal barf bag? Hmmmmm perhaps Mr.Trump would make me his apprectice?

http://inebriatedpress.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/electronic-paper-flaming-testicles-and-wardrobe-malfunctions/

Sorry peoples, couldn't resist.....nay, ownership dictates I admit I am weak and when I hearded about this thread couldn't.....ugh WOULDN'T keep my damned mouth shutteded.

Replies: 9   Views: 37,779   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List