Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: An Observation
Replies: 1   Views: 33,355   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 26, 2009, 2:27 PM by: magnifico

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 1   Views: 33,355   Pages: 1  
jaqueline_

An Observation
Posted: Apr 13, 2009, 2:57 PM

A few days ago I read a post in one of the threads. It got me to thinking about a few things that appear totally unrelated to the actual topic of the thread.

I have observed at pente.org, as well as in real life, that when some people become offended by something another has written or said, that they will go on the defense and attack. I too have been guilty of this on occasion. I once called someone an a_ _ because they were harassing another player (later apologized to that someone).

It's intriguing to me that when someone has a different opinion, belief, or thought process than we do; we say that they are strange or we call them a name.

Firstly, perhaps it is not them who is strange. What if we are the strange one? Secondly, oftentimes, when we begin a sentence with the words "You are", it appears that we are proclaiming a fact. When in truth it is only an opinion.

Although you cannot hear the tone of my voice as you read this, I hope that my post will be received in the spirit in which it is intended. My intention is to be helpful, not hurtful. I also realize that some of what I have written in this post is not factual. Some of it is only my opinion. ...

Sincerely,
Jaqueline

magnifico

Re: An Observation
Posted: May 26, 2009, 2:27 PM

Well said

Replies: 1   Views: 33,355   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List