Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: throwing games vs ones self
Replies: 37   Views: 144,481   Pages: 3   Last Post: Apr 14, 2009, 4:25 AM by: richardiii

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 37   Views: 144,481   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
zoeyk

Home page
throwing games vs ones self
Posted: Mar 30, 2009, 9:13 PM

alwayswin 2148 ~vs~ ktbery1 1772 & pepsikid 1286

every game ends in 5 moves, damn hes good !!! i cant even pull that off lol.

all same person i think.

Profile links;
allwayswin
http://pente.org/gameServer/viewLiveGames?p=alwayswin&g=1
ktbery1
http://pente.org/gameServer/viewLiveGames?p=ktbery1&g=1
pepsikid
http://pente.org/gameServer/viewLiveGames?p=pepsikid&g=1

these are just a few, the profiles show a larger list of thrown games.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

partica

Re: throwing games vs ones self
Posted: Mar 31, 2009, 6:06 AM

interesting. what the heck are people thinkin? what is the point? ugh!

karlw

Posted: Mar 31, 2009, 8:22 PM

what a sad, pathetic ploy.

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 6:53 AM

Lmao.....I bet if y'all were to explore the tactic of talking TO people rather jumping to a conclusion and then blasting them in a forum post that you'd be a bit enlightened......most people in the world (that place outside.....) don't take a pente rating very seriously (they view pente as a "game" if you will, not a microcosm for the struggle of life and death or empirical expansion......go figure!) and I'd bet a dollar against every ounce of Karl's maturity that there could be an explanation that wouldn't warrant getting one's thong in a constrictor knot over.

Crap. Does anyone have change for a dollar?

karlw

Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 7:58 AM

yeah you're right, i'm such a soulless cynic. clearly this guy just won 29 consecutive games in exactly 5 moves against 2 opponents in one day for fun, for the love of the game. and the fact that his name is "alwayswin" is of no importance.

ktbery is 96-19 with a 1769 rating (obtained by playing 2 other players), and here he is dropping 14 in a row to our hero without batting an eye. nothing to see here.

don't let any of this get in the way of yet another opportunity to overwhelm me with your charming wit and idiosyncratic turns of phrase. way to lead by example and show how talking TO people instead of just blasting away at them in a forum post can foster mutual respect and understanding.

baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:18 AM

So you talked to 'em then? As a psych major you no doubt went the extra mile before describing them as 'sad and pathetic' in a public format? Someday when you have a strong stomach take a look in the mirror.....what are you going to school for? Open those windows and let the air in man.

karlw

Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:19 AM

the ploy, not the person. read.

baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:23 AM

Not getting into semantics with you karl.....object vs. subject doesn't negate your irresponsible tactic.

karlw

Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:24 AM

I'M SORRY

baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:28 AM

ME TOO.

baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:30 AM

In an unrelated story, Hell freezes over..........

brf

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 5:21 PM

Yep, those games are rigged. I'd sure hate to play alwayswin, I don't know what offense I'd play against someone who always wins in five moves.

Dweebo really needs to enact an IP address filter to pente.org which would restrict only 1 IP address from accessing the site at a time. that would stop that kind of thing for the most part.

I think the likely culprit is a kid aka "pepsikid". I can't imagine an adult or someone who seriously plays the game would actually do this since the first real person they played would school them hard. A False rating is easily outed.

The thing that sucks though are those garbage games are now loaded into the database and now when someone is researching a given line they'll get garbage moves back and messed up percentages. I wish there was a way to identify these games and mark them for removal by dweebo or an appropriate admin. I bet there are many more than these BS games in there. good catch Zoey.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 5:53 PM

for the record i did talk to both names before posting. the guys responce was to ignore me.

also, even tho playing with an alt name rated is breaking the rules, if the games were played vs other players of skill and the games were exelent moves done, i wouldnt had posted about it. but when its vs ones self with 5 move wins, is when i become more apt to do so. IMO its a different level of rule breaking. this statement is not to support rule breaking.

and also for the record i have played rated with an alt in past vs other players (account deleted). but i played good players using good moves, and didnt sand bag them as i let them know ahead of time of the skill level at hand. this is not to support my own past actions. i was wrong for what i did. but 5 move wins vs my self i will never do. thats just rediculus.

and in my thread here is not to come down hard on the guy. just making humor of the 5 move wins is all.
in the end dweebo will make his own decisions on the matter.

in talking about alts tho, i wont name names, but ude be suprised how many top players have alt names that play rated, dweebo deletes them when they are brought to his attention.

and at brainking.com it is commonly accepted to use multiple accounts for rated games. but this is due to fencer charging money for playing more than a hand full of games. at pente.org this restriction is not an issue thus the need for multi rated accounts is unwarrented.

and i say that if the alwayswin guy can play me rich karl brf nosovs ext...3 rated live sets each, and he doesnt go yellow, then let him keep his name. but if he goes yellow then the account gets deleted. lol

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:40 PM

lmao.....it never ends. **** this place....peace out all.

karlw

Posted: Apr 1, 2009, 8:53 PM

well said.

Replies: 37   Views: 144,481   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]