Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: IYT database fail
Replies: 5   Views: 38,392   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 14, 2008, 10:38 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 5   Views: 38,392   Pages: 1  
dmitriking

IYT database fail
Posted: Oct 13, 2008, 4:19 PM

The other day I was trying to look at old games to discuss with a friend who showed interest in the game.

While attempting to look at my old IYT games I was reminded of their massive data loss.

Is there any way I can find a game that was on IYT but was lost? For whatever reason it is not in the database. It was one of my better games and I cannot remember the moves. I am disappointed.

dweebo

Home page
Re: IYT database fail
Posted: Oct 13, 2008, 5:23 PM

Unless it is in the pente.org game database there is not a way that I know to find the old IYT game.

I think mostly the games I pulled from IYT for the game database here were from tournaments.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Oct 13, 2008, 9:59 PM

watsu might know a way. he seems to be able to find archive files of files lost i saw in past threads.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
watsu

Home page
Posted: Oct 14, 2008, 1:32 AM

I tried briefly to see whether the internet archive might have something, but I sort of doubt they will for something this specific. If it doesn't show up here, here, here, or here (or in the DB) chances are pretty good it's lost.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Oct 14, 2008, 10:07 AM

watsu, are you a admin now? or is dweebo editing your urls to say "here"? and am i the only one that caught that..lol

test;
here
[ url=http://pente.org]here[/url ]

ahh ok cool!

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Oct 14, 2008 4:49 AM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
watsu

Home page
Posted: Oct 14, 2008, 10:38 AM

Nah, just using the following (without spaces before and after the beginning and ending brackets)[ url=http... ]here[ /url ]

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 5   Views: 38,392   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List