Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: surely this isnt what tb has come to...
Replies: 24   Views: 19,236   Pages: 2   Last Post: Apr 14, 2023, 5:42 AM by: invictus

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 24   Views: 19,236   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
zoeyk

Home page
Re: surely this isnt what tb has come to...
Posted: Mar 27, 2023, 8:57 AM

Who knows vic. Maybe he (the 1780 rated player) was drinking or distracted. Maybe he let his young kid play on his account vs you. Maybe he was on meds for mental health. Maybe he threw you a free win because he felt bad for you. Either way, why publicly shame that player just to pump your ego, and get attention? And how many times are you going to bring up that you got a win on karl? You are no where near karls caliber. None of the masters are afraid of you. We've all played against you. Stop fishing for attention at the expense of others. If you are lonely in the live room, try politely messaging some players asking if they would like to play you there. You may get better results that way.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
invictus

Posted: Mar 27, 2023, 10:38 PM

lol,z.
never said i was anywhere near karlw's level.
i am convinced karlw is an alien sent from another world to ascertain our strategic ability.
he is nothing short of amazing.
as are you.
and every player i have played on the tb leaderboard is a superior player to me.
and i have enjoyed every game win or lose.
and just as an aside, perhaps i have harped too much on my win(s) against karlw but as a 1593 player i am proud of even that 1 (?) win against 38 losses.
so i apologize if i was repetitive, but still proud of that one win!

bloodied but unbowed
mumix

Posted: Mar 31, 2023, 5:00 AM

I find vic's fearlessness... entertaining, and frightening!! You'd have to be crazy yourself to want to fight such a crazy man!!

daniel5

Posted: Apr 4, 2023, 7:02 AM

The stretch tessera is a blind spot for us TB players, I see you are capitalizing on our weakness

haggis

Posted: Apr 7, 2023, 5:36 PM

I may have to agree with invictus . . . partially, at least. I have absolutely no business being on the leader board, even at the very bottom of it and I am somehow not at the very bottom of it. When that other shoe finally drops, my rating will be sure to take the plunge, as well.

karlw

Posted: Apr 7, 2023, 11:10 PM

Well, haggis, it appears that you're on the leaderboard due to a solid 11-set winning streak. I also notice you have wins against some of the top players on this site. What I'm trying to say is yes, you do in fact have business being on the leaderboard, especially in an era where master-level pente is rapidly approaching extinction.

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
nedhall17

Posted: Apr 9, 2023, 1:57 PM

I think that those of us who would like to see high-level play *not* go extinct could help matters by, say, organizing tutorials. When I came back to the game a year and a half ago, I didn't find much by way of teaching materials. With a little collective effort we could probably develop them, which (I reckon) would both help our fellow enthusiasts improve their play *and* make the game a lot more fun for everyone.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Apr 9, 2023, 2:22 PM

@nedhall17 - a lot of work which could easily be adapted into tutorial form was added to this thread: https://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=27&threadID=4553

ETA: the old tutorials here were interactive javascript which one needed to be logged in to see, I think. Not visible on the internet archive as far as I could tell with a quick search. To go deeply into tutorial creation, it'd be good to know how they'd be displayed and have a template or organizing principles, etc.

Message was edited by: watsu at Apr 9, 2023, 7:11 PM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
invictus

Posted: Apr 13, 2023, 1:40 AM

i am humbled by how you guys have turned my negative diatribe (apologies) into a positive!
you guys rock!

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Apr 14, 2023, 5:42 AM

and just for the record, dan...
isn't it incumbent upon your opponent to exploit every weakness?
tho to be honest i find most tb players greatest weakness is fear of that clock ticking away unrelentingly, lol.

bloodied but unbowed
Replies: 24   Views: 19,236   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]