Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Pente.org Planned Updates
Replies: 18   Views: 27,595   Pages: 2   Last Post: Dec 19, 2022, 1:08 AM by: gasket

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 18   Views: 27,595   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
metzgerism

Re: Pente.org Planned Updates
Posted: Dec 13, 2022, 5:04 PM

I've been trying to play O-Pente on an 11x11 recently because I've got a hunch (after playing 13x13 and 9x9) that 11x11 is the sweet spot for it. Keryo interaction with the edges is very interesting, but you almost never get there without a swap rule.
Edges are the best way to achieve permanence in O-Pente, and this makes them stronger.

Definitely in favor of some smaller boards, including 15x15 (Gomoku).

Message was edited by: metzgerism at Dec 13, 2022, 5:50 PM

zachburau

Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 4:36 PM

Curious about everyone's opinion, we pushed a new live game room layout and gameboard update on gomoku.com, thinking of applying it to Pente.org, any thoughts? Would you guys like this? The Gomoku guys seem to like it.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 6:06 PM

@zach - it looks good to me; but I've played on a lot of different sites with different layouts and can't say I have a strong preference.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
gasket

Posted: Dec 19, 2022, 1:08 AM

Hi,

I only have a few games played on this account but I had an account maybe three years ago with a couple hundred turn based games I believe.

I think the features I would like the most would be some sort of puzzle generator similar to lichess and/or the ability to create and share studies like on lichess. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how difficult it would be, but I know that lichess generates its puzzles based on user games. Since Pente.org has a large database of user games, maybe the database could be used to generate puzzles to solve. I would definitely be interested in buying a subscription if it gave me access to a puzzle generator.

I am also interested in the swap2 opening rule as others have mentioned. That opening seems to be the standard now for gomoku, so I think it could be beneficial to have the two games be unified in that way in order to attract more players.

Most interested in playing swap2 rules
Replies: 18   Views: 27,595   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]