Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: intellectual property rights
Replies: 29   Views: 36,287   Pages: 2   Last Post: Jun 15, 2022, 12:18 AM by: haggis

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 29   Views: 36,287   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
zoeyk

Home page
Re: intellectual property rights
Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 9:52 PM

Generally speaking in my threads you do. In this case, you know damn well you only posted this thread, because I had posted a thread speaking of a to do list, wherein I discussed a proposal to prune the data base of certain high end games which I brought from the brainking web site. Which I felt was adding to the decline of pente now.
You then went on a rant, opposing it, not because you care about those games from another site, but because you saw I wanted to do something, so you tried your best to interfere with it, because you are a internet troll. And that's what trolls do.
You did so in a belligerent way. You did not try to have any kind of thoughtful conversation about it. You were simply rude.
So I decided to remove the thread from public view and placed it in a forum where there is a permissions list of members, which excludes you. Which honestly it sucks that you would push me to that point of having to do that.
That made you angry. And so now you are posting this thread, to attempt to continue the conversation that you are being excluded from.
Of course if you start talking about legalities of can this site legally do what I am proposing, I am going to take that you messing with me.
I suggest you forget about the topic, because currently what is discussed about it, is not your business. Ill discuss it with other members, but not you.
So let it go, and move on to something else Vic.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
invictus

Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 10:07 PM

just wow.
mebbe i am confused but that sounded a lot like a belligerent (yes that's how it is spelled) rant to me.

bloodied but unbowed
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 10:24 PM

You asked a question. I tried to give a clear explanation. The alternative would be I could had simply ignored your question. Im not interested to argue with you. If I never have another conversation with you again it would also be fine. Thank you for pointing out my spelling error. Thoughtful of you. Ok good bye now Vic. Bye bye.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
invictus

Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 10:26 PM

when i spoke to zach i supported all of your suggestions EXCEPT #3 which yes i adamantly oppose.
so quit trying to make it about you just because i disagreed with one of your suggestions.

bloodied but unbowed
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 10:33 PM

No sir, you were rude about it. And gave no valid reasoning other than, im an oppressor trying to hold your fellow brothers down. Just absolute nonsense.
You liked the other suggestions because clearly one of them was your suggestion, of course you have to agree with your suggestion, and the others like, the tutorial button is a dead link can we recover the lost data? Yeah how you going to oppose to that right? But data base, it was something you could sink your teeth into and troll the crap out of. So you did. Vic, im trying to end this conversation now. And I am close to clicking the block player button. End this conversation or next post you make im clicking it.

zachburau

Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 11:04 PM

Alright alright, guys, let's take a breather here. Everyone has the best intentions for the site, we all love Pente.

Regarding the forms, no one is being deemed a "detriment", the forms are great. I welcome the open communication and conversation but let's all be civil and and respectful, we're all one community, here to enjoy the site together.

For the time being until I clear my plate on current transition items for Pente.org, zoeyk will remain an admin.

No need to block any one, let's just take a breath.

invictus

Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 11:08 PM

hear,hear!

bloodied but unbowed
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 11:10 PM

I was referring to blocking him from being able to private message me, or chat with me at the live tables or invite me at live tables.
I wasn't referring to blocking him from the site or forums. I leave that kind of decision to the site owner.

etyrnal

Home page
Posted: Jun 10, 2022, 12:03 AM

i am not personally a fan of any method of sparking up activity on the site/forums that involves aggravation of any kind. That's just about as delightful of a draw as clickbait headlines. I don't feel like it attracts the best intentions on everyone's part.

I don't feel like anyone 'feels good' about getting involved in any kind of contentious interaction when all's said and done.

I'd rather see discussions of strategy, etc.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 10, 2022, 12:28 AM

Agreed thank you. My apologies for any involvement in such.

etyrnal

Home page
Posted: Jun 10, 2022, 1:00 AM

i do appreciate any desire to increase GOOD, positive activity tho.

i can respect that.

Otherwise it just feels like the evening news wanting to SHOCK everyone's consciousness to ARREST attention through primitive 'shock/awe' reflexes. It doesn't feel especially beneficial, or 'elevated', in the end.

mumix

Posted: Jun 10, 2022, 3:42 AM

It is ok if it is just friendly banter like calling someone out for a pente challenge

metzgerism

Posted: Jun 10, 2022, 3:29 PM

> Alright alright, guys, let's take a breather here. Everyone has the best intentions for the site, we all love Pente.

the oppression of Zach has commenced

metzgerism

Posted: Jun 10, 2022, 3:32 PM

DON'T THREE ON ME

Message was edited by: metzgerism at Jun 10, 2022, 3:39 PM

haggis

Posted: Jun 14, 2022, 5:33 PM

Going back to the original premise of the thread, many moons ago in the late 80's-early 90's, I worked for MCC (the parent company of Panasonic). Reading through the employee handbook, I found in their universal employee contract that they claimed intellectual property rights in perpetuity for any and all inventions, discoveries, etc that any employee made whether they were on the clock or off, using company or personally owned equipment, materials, etc., on company grounds or their own private residence.
I think the situation here could be considered a bit less draconian than that, anyway.

Replies: 29   Views: 36,287   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]