Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Pente to be included again in 2022 online Mind Sports Olympics
Replies: 6   Views: 16,217   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 6, 2022, 2:11 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6   Views: 16,217   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Pente to be included again in 2022 online Mind Sports Olympics
Posted: Jan 24, 2022, 7:37 AM

Pente will once again be included as a game in the Mind Sports Olympics, which this year will have two events - one online and one IRL gathering. I suspect that swap2 will once again be used for the opening rules. However, I encourage players who enjoy variants like DK Pente and Boat Pente to advocate for the inclusion of additional variants. I think swap2 boat Pente is an excellent game after having done some play testing at BGA and I know there are some DK fans here. Swap2 Keryo wouldn't be too hard for DK players to pick up. Anyway, here's the link to the Mind Sports Olympics announcement and since registration will start in March suggesting additional variants for inclusion ASAP probably will increase the chances of them happening.
https://mindsportsolympiad.com/mso-announces-2022-plans/

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

gaylen

Home page
Re: Pente to be included again in 2022 online Mind Sports Olympics
Posted: Jan 25, 2022, 3:05 AM

I wonder how many players play variant games when there is nowhere, or anyone to practice with. Are there any sites you can recommend where players play variant games?

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jan 25, 2022, 5:09 AM

Pente.org, boardgamearena.com, itsyourturn.com and brainking.com are the first four sites that come to my mind as far as playing variants go. Here and BGA are the two I can think of for live game variants as well as turn based. I'm pretty sure Mark Mammel's program plays keryo as well. Maybe other players have more sites which I don't know of or are escaping my memory right now.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
mikaelh

Posted: Oct 16, 2022, 5:36 PM

How did the 2022 MSO turn out?
Was swap2 Pente included?
How many participated in that class?
Results?

watsu

Home page
Posted: Oct 16, 2022, 6:50 PM

In the online Grand Prix in May, we had 14 participants (down from last year) Pente_gon placed first again this year. Pente wasn't included in the in person MSO in August this year, unfortunately.

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Oct 17, 2022, 9:48 PM

Missed it again! Will this happen next year on the same date?

watsu

Home page
Posted: Nov 6, 2022, 2:11 PM

https://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=232788&tstart=0

Replies: 6   Views: 16,217   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]