Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Swap2 Pente MSO Registration Open Now
Replies: 8   Views: 22,537   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 13, 2021, 1:03 AM by: gaylen

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 8   Views: 22,537   Pages: 1  
t0afer

Swap2 Pente MSO Registration Open Now
Posted: Jul 27, 2021, 6:43 PM

Swap2 Pente is scheduled for the mind sports olympiad on September 4th.

Registration is now open:

https://mindsportsolympiad.com/

I think it's going to be held at vint.ee.

Swap2 is kind of like D-Pente here, but the second player can choose to place two more stones, one of each color, and then pass the choice of color back to the initial offerer.

It's shown to be way more effective at balancing the game that the normal pente rule here. Also, imo it gives a lot of interesting variety to the game.

watsu

Home page
Re: Swap2 Pente MSO Registration Open Now
Posted: Jul 30, 2021, 2:30 AM

Thanks t0afer, I was just headed to the forum to post about this.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
watsu

Home page
Posted: Aug 20, 2021, 4:22 AM

Time control will be 10 + 5, it appears, and there are $ prizes for top players in junior, senior and overall categories. Hopefully, there will be a good turnout for a Pente variant's first showing in the mind sports olympics.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
gaylen

Home page
Posted: Aug 28, 2021, 3:26 AM

Looks like there is no entry fee, but they pay prizes. Kool! I've never played this before, but at least it seems easy to set up the opening albeit it might not be the best opening without playing this before. So does 10 + 5 mean 10 minutes to think and 5 seconds to move? I haven't been able to figure this out exactly from all the explanations I have googled.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Aug 28, 2021, 10:14 AM

10 minutes initial timer for each player, with 5 seconds added to their clocks for each move they make.

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Sep 1, 2021, 4:30 AM

With the swap 2 tournament coming up soon I am wondering about the rules again. I found them somewhere a couple of months ago but am having no luck lately on finding them again. It would be nice to give some examples of games on youtube if anyone would put something up there.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 1, 2021, 4:50 AM

I posted links for the rules for swap2 in this thread:
https://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=232630&tstart=0
I don't make youtube videos, but when you open up a played game (either from the list of recently played games, from a tournament or a game you want to study) there is a play (triangle) button like on a stereo. Using that button replays the game at the speed it unfolded in actual play.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 4, 2021, 10:20 PM

pente.org's pente_gon has a walk off 1st place and $150! Congratulations!

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Sep 13, 2021, 1:03 AM

Wow! I thought this was happening on the 14th. I still can't figure out how to play games at vintee yet. Still need to figure out how to sign in as I presume I set up an account under some name. lol

Replies: 8   Views: 22,537   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]