Topic: Multi player games?
Replies: 2   Views: 53,651   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 8, 2018, 6:00 PM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 53,651   Pages: 1  
cubuffs425

Multi player games?
Posted: Jun 8, 2018, 1:45 AM

Can you play a game with 3 or 4 players? I can't find how. Thanks!

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Multi player games?
Posted: Jun 8, 2018, 8:47 AM

This is not yet possible here.

brf

Home page
Re: Multi player games?
Posted: Jun 8, 2018, 6:00 PM

even when I tried to do this over the board years ago with 4 players and each of us had different colored glass stones, we found the game too convoluted due to the captures (capturing two different colored stones more often than not).

Also the game just took way too long to play out. This also changed the dynamic of the game too much and it was less pente and more some kind of hybrid since capturing 5 pairs to us didn't work due to not being able to get 10 stones of 1 color unless you captured like 10 pairs.

So is it a win to capture just any 5 pairs? or is it a win to get 10 stones of one color? and do all 3 players lose that didn't get either first? Getting five stones in a row is fairly difficult as well with 4 players, since everyone blocks everything and it seems to turn more into a game of GO.

In the end my friends and I decided to just play two player and either waited to play the winner, or we busted out two boards and switched boards and players as we felt like it. That way at least we all got to play against each other. I feel two player play has the best strategies and fun factor but that's just my 2 cents.

Replies: 2   Views: 53,651   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]