Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Subscriptions
Replies: 1   Views: 59,683   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 10, 2015, 8:03 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 59,683   Pages: 1  
rainwolf

Home page
Subscriptions
Posted: Jun 28, 2015, 3:14 PM

You may have noticed a change since your last visit, I have introduced subscriptions to supersede the donations.

Free accounts now get the following restrictions:
- They get to see ads,
- The number of turn-based games they can play simultaneously is limited to 6, they cannot accept new invitations if they have (for example) 4 ongoing games and an outgoing invitation for a rated set. They can still send open invitations though, and,
- they don't have access to the database.

I have introduced subscriptions for desktop players and a discount for mobile players.
All subscribers get unlimited turn-based games, and optionally database access, and no advertisements, for one month (a trial) or one year.

Mobile players can enjoy a discount if they choose to see ads in the app. This is not an option for desktop players because it is not enforceable to make users turn off their adblocker on this website. If you have good arguments to enable this option (a discounted subscription with ads) for desktop players, I would like to hear them (in the other thread).

Please update the iOS app to the latest version to reflect these changes (they are still enforced on previous versions, but the current one will give you the appropriate warnings/errors). To sweeten the update, the latest version should be *blistering* fast compared to the previous versions.

Once you complete the paypal payment, your account should immediately reflect the upgrade to a subscriber account. If that does not happen, contact me or let me know in this thread.

Message was edited by: rainwolf at Jul 8, 2015 11:20 AM
Edited to add that I have increased the number of games for free accounts from 6 to 10.

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Subscriptions
Posted: Aug 10, 2015, 8:03 PM

I have removed the limit on Turn-Based games. Subscriptions benefits are now the name color, the ability to add a picture, and database access.
Ads are optional.

Replies: 1   Views: 59,683   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]