Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Interesting way to play
Replies: 5   Views: 55,028   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 23, 2015, 5:11 AM by: haggis

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 55,028   Pages: 1  
haggis

Interesting way to play
Posted: Jun 15, 2015, 8:53 PM

So I have a turn-based set going with hidenyas right now. He (or she) waits until I make a move on the game I'm player 1 in and then he makes the exact same move on the game he's player 1 in . . .

madmike

Re: Interesting way to play
Posted: Jun 16, 2015, 3:30 PM

so i guess you have to beat yourself...

valleyboy

Posted: Jun 17, 2015, 5:33 PM

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Happens to me sometimes, people trying to figure out my nefarious ways.
And the best thing is, win OR lose...you can be happy!

brf

Home page
Posted: Jun 19, 2015, 4:19 AM

I've seen this kind of thing before from some players. Best thing I can tell you is to try and skew your moves (best to do it between moves 3-5). Once you see this pattern confirmed by move 3 you need to skew the time limits on the set to your favor and force the other player to either run out of time or move in the key game being copied. Basically you have to hit the games immediately after the person moves in both....then move immediately in the P2 game and take all 7 days (or whatever the time limits are) in your P1 game. with any luck the person doesn't catch it in time and a disparity of an hour or hopefully much more develops.

Personally...why the hell people do that one is beyond me. that's just a damn boring way to play a set. It also shows a lack of respect to the opponent and the use of your own brain.

xenophon

Posted: Jun 20, 2015, 12:10 PM

I agree with brf about staggering your moves. What I think your opponent is doing if they are mirroring you, is playing for a draw and trying to learn how you play to beat you in the future in the process.

haggis

Posted: Jun 23, 2015, 5:11 AM

I normally don't mind with odd things such as this, but this one irritated me for some reason. I requested to cancel the game and told him that I'd rather not play the set if he was going to do that. I got back a message saying I was a "bad person" because he was "trying to learn" and I was "picking on" him.

At that point, a couple of days ago, I decided to try and wait him out rather than bother with it. I occasionally lose sets by running out of time anyway (am I right, rainwolf?), so I really didn't care. However, he sent me a cancel request today, which I accepted. I'm not sure why he didn't just accept my cancellation request, but the net result is the same.

Have to say that I'm not terribly interested in playing that person again, though.

Replies: 5   Views: 55,028   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]