Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Take a trip down DSG memory lane
Replies: 8   Views: 38,585   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 29, 2008, 4:43 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 8   Views: 38,585   Pages: 1  
dweebo

Home page
Take a trip down DSG memory lane
Posted: Apr 29, 2005, 6:27 PM

Was digging around the other day and found these old screenshots I made of DSG's 1.0 release.

Thought some of you might get a kick out of them.

Back then player records were not kept, only 2 players were allowed in a room at a time, there were no timers, no way to resign, cancel, etc... The basic layout is still the same which is sort of interesting, but that's about it.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!

dweebo

Home page
Re: Take a trip down DSG memory lane
Posted: Apr 29, 2005, 6:36 PM

I was also playing around with the web.archive.org, which has archives of many sites, including pente.org from back in 2000. Here was the old blue/blue/black design which I still sort of like

http://web.archive.org/web/20001016194627/www.pente.org/play.html.

Pente Rocks!
up2ng

Posted: Apr 29, 2005, 10:23 PM

Hey, pretty cool stuff Dweebo. I never saw the site at it's earliest days -- it's easy to see how much progress you've made over the years! I also like that dark blue color scheme. That page talked about a pre-release of version 3 -- have you ever actually released a version 3!?? Which version are we on now anyway? It was funny to see all the plans for renju, ninuki-renju, reversi, go and other games that I guess never made it into the site. Good stuff.

partica

Posted: Apr 30, 2005, 2:14 AM

So that is what the site looked like when it first started! I was always curious! Awesome stuff, Dweebo.

That arcive site is awesome! I like to do that with code at work...watch it morph!

I second up2ng, I think I liked the darker one as well!

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Apr 30, 2005, 8:30 PM

Yes, I was surprised when I looked at how much I accomplished in that first year.

Version 3 is a long story, it was pretty much finished and did have renju and those other games (not go), but it ended up having basic design flaws that made it not work very well. So I dropped it and after a long break from pente, came back and rewrote most things starting with v2.12 I think. You can see the current version on the game room screen, its in the upper right, I can't remember what it is now. The version # doesn't mean a whole lot.

Pente Rocks!
watsu

Home page
Posted: May 8, 2005, 2:27 PM

Hey, I think I remember those pages like that. I guess that makes me one of the DSG greybeards, huh?

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
boggle

Posted: May 9, 2005, 8:08 AM

LOL.....
Looks like the old Atari pong compared to now...Nice improvements Dweebs..!!!

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Oct 14, 2005, 5:27 PM

Here are the pictures reposted, they apparently got lost.

Pente Rocks!
watsu

Home page
Posted: Nov 29, 2008, 4:43 AM

I ran across this thread again through a search, and thought it was cool enough to see that old history that it was worth bumping it. Looking through the internet archive versions of the site, I found that at one point there were test versions of "Reversi, Reversi10x10, Anti-Reversi, Anti-Reversi 10x10, Connect4, Connect 4x4, Renju, or Ninuki-Renju". Kinda cool.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 8   Views: 38,585   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List