Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: TB -> DB
Replies: 3   Views: 25,856   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 28, 2007, 7:38 AM by: karlw

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 25,856   Pages: 1  
karlw

TB -> DB
Posted: Sep 27, 2007, 12:35 AM

Hey dweebo, Something that would really streamline TB play is having the ability to put the position of a current TB game directly on the database applet, so you can play out lines, search the history, and whatnot. It's so tedious putting in each individual move on the applet, especially in the keryo games that go upwards of 30 moves. I would be willing to put up another donation to see this happen. And don't forget the turn-based tourney. Let's make this site the best place to play tb pente too!

dweebo

Home page
Re: TB -> DB
Posted: Sep 27, 2007, 2:38 AM

Interesting idea. I will think about it.

Pente Rocks!
derrrr

Home page
Posted: Sep 27, 2007, 8:44 PM

As much of a rock as it is to swallow I think i agree with karl here ......the foreseeable controversy being that it's lowbrow to map a game out on the db as its being played, but evolution being what it is, it can't be stopped so why not provide a tool to master the form of play(NOT to be confused with advocacy for cheating in live play)?

karlw

Posted: Sep 28, 2007, 7:38 AM

well i think the issue here is the age-old question of whether facilitating an frowned-upon practice that would be done anyway is the same as endorsing it (although I don't see why people frown upon using the db for turn-based games, and i don't even search, i just study potential responses to x,y, and z).

Replies: 3   Views: 25,856   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]