Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: iOS PenteLive app
Replies: 5   Views: 31,284   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 8, 2015, 2:38 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 31,284   Pages: 1  
rainwolf

Home page
iOS PenteLive app
Posted: May 29, 2015, 6:24 AM

For those of you who don't update their apps automatically, the latest version finally supports push notifications, let you know the moment your opponent made a move, a new invitation or of a new message.

Get it while it's hot.

rainwolf

Home page
Re: iOS PenteLive app - bug
Posted: Jun 15, 2015, 5:12 AM

When you place a stone, and then start swiping, the app remembers you placed a stone, but doesn?t remember where, the swiping changes the last position it remembers. Because the last position it remembers is a stone that?s already played, the move is invalid and the pente.org server places it by default in that corner.

The upcoming version comes with a bug I thought I had solved. The bug places a stone in A19 in error.

This occurs when you place a stone, and then start swiping back in your game. The app remembers you placed a stone (which is why the submit button is active), but because you swiped back, the last move that is remembered is not the move you played, it's the last move that is shown on the board. That's an invalid move because it's already played and when you submit that move to the server, it places it by default in A19.

It won?t be fixed in the next version (which is waiting approval), but I will fix it in the version after that. In the meantime, I will try to implement a server-side fix so an illegal move is not accepted.

A tip: When you?re swiping back, you don?t need to swipe forward to place a stone again. Once you touch the board (after having swiped back a few times) it will reset the game so it?s ready to play again. If you touch the board on an already played stone, then the submit button becomes inactive, if it?s a valid placement, the submit button becomes active again.

Message was edited by: rainwolf at Jun 15, 2015 6:12 AM
- I resolved things server-side, so these accidents should not happen anymore. If it is detected on the server, then the move will not be processed and your game will remain in the "Active Games".

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jul 3, 2015, 5:44 PM

1.2.3 seems to have a severe bug that prevents you from accepting public invitations. I apologize and I know no effective workaround for that.

I just submitted a new version and it is awaiting approval from Apple right now. Usually it takes 9 days for them to approve, and more if they find a reason to reject this version.

I have, however, requested an expedited review, but there are no guarantees Apple will accept such a request.

My apologies for allt he inconvenience.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jul 5, 2015, 7:43 AM

1.2.4 is out, fixing the open invitations bug.

Get it while it's hot!

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jul 7, 2015, 6:52 PM

It seems there is still a bug left for people who don't see ads. I submitted a newer version fixing this bug but I can't request an expedited review from Apple anymore, this will take 9 days or so to get approved.

The current workaround for the public invitations bug is to re-enable ads temporarily. Send me a message if you'd like that.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jul 8, 2015, 2:38 PM

And in a surprise move, Apple approved the latest version within 24hrs. Get it while it's hot.

Replies: 5   Views: 31,284   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]