Home » Forum Home » Analysis

Topic: some strong blacks to try
Replies: 6   Views: 37,418   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 5, 2009, 11:06 AM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6   Views: 37,418   Pages: 1  
zoeyk

Home page
some strong blacks to try
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 1:13 AM

here are some strong blacks to check out and add to your collection of moves.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

skanadron

Re: some strong blacks to try
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 4:34 AM

Interesting post, lots of good ideas.

Except that I thought you had already showed that J11 was a losing second for black (board 7) and I do not see why white would play K8 as a fourth on board 8.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 5:55 AM

the J11 is very strong,...i was considering removing the top 8 solutions.

besides ive checked the db,..none has been using the white solutions i posted so its ok i think.

K8 as a fourth on board 8,....this was just a example of white ignoring blacks position, and showing what black can do with that shape if ignored and underestimated.

~z

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
skanadron

Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 8:43 AM

J11 is strong if the other person does not know the solutions, but the way I see it, if you can make a list of solutions, it can't be that strong of an opening.
I prefer L11, although that hasn't been working very well for me lately. I'll need to come up with something new, or I could just be lazy and use one of yours.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 10:38 AM

The J11 is strong.

Ive used this opening 171 times. the most used second move of the K9 openings that ive done. and Ive won 81.9% of the time with it in those 171 games.

not only that but the data base over all says black wins 56.6% of the time with it, out of 972 games.

it is obscure and agressive if underestimated.

it is a strong opening regardless of what solutions have been found.

its about as cool as the K9-M8 opening....

L11 is nothing more than this months trend,...they come and they go. a couple of months ago it was the N8 opening.

i predict that the K9-L8 opening and the Wedge opening are going to be fashionably in season soon,..but you didn't hear that from me

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 10:47 AM

and,...i can make a list of solutions for any black opening if i put my mind to it,...does this make all black openings not strong?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 5, 2009, 11:06 AM

here was a neat one from a speed game with mersenne

and not that im recomending the black or not,... but i just wanted to share this white that nosovs did,...tricky russian
I bet rich had a whole plan and every thing too lol.

Replies: 6   Views: 37,418   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]