Home » Forum Home » Analysis

Topic: Online games illustrating Braunlich's Pente Strategy principles
Replies: 2   Views: 35,650   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 4, 2009, 2:08 AM by: baddsixx9

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 35,650   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Online games illustrating Braunlich's Pente Strategy principles
Posted: Dec 31, 2008, 2:49 AM

I got a copy of Tom Braunlich's Pente Strategy book from the library and thought it might be interesting to go through it looking for game illustrations from the DB here. I don't want to infringe on his copyright, but I think reillustrating some of the principles outlined with different games should be okay. Of course, Pente theory has advanced since the book came out (copyright 1984) but it think it could still be valuable to go through the book for people who haven't already. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to devote to the project, but I wanted at least to propose the idea here; perhaps others who have copies of it will be willing to contribute as well.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

dweebo

Home page
Re: Online games illustrating Braunlich's Pente Strategy principles
Posted: Jan 2, 2009, 4:27 PM

Sounds like a great idea to me watsu. I imagine Tom would be ok with what you plan to do. I remember meeting him in OKC at a pente tournament in 2004 and someone was talking with him to create a digital version of the book to share with everyone.

I don't think that ever happened but that might be a worthy project for someone to take on if they can find Tom.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
baddsixx9

Home page
Re: Online games illustrating Braunlich's Pente Strategy principles
Posted: Jan 4, 2009, 2:08 AM

Sounds like a great thread....

Replies: 2   Views: 35,650   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]