Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: Pente Tournament at Brainking
Replies: 17   Views: 84,169   Pages: 2   Last Post: Nov 28, 2004, 11:06 PM by: snut

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 17   Views: 84,169   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
snut

Home page
Pente Tournament at Brainking
Posted: Oct 25, 2004, 2:49 AM

All,

I have created another tournament called "Satan's Annual Hellish Halloween PENTE Tournament" at www.brainking.com. This is the 2nd year I've created this, so I'm calling it annual now. Please sign up for it. It is open to all players. The winner will recieve a paid membership if the turnout is greater than 10 people. So come on everyone, sign up!!! Thanks!

-Scott aka Satan aka Snut

snut

Home page
Re: Pente Tournament at Brainking
Posted: Oct 26, 2004, 1:30 AM

Also, just I noticed that no one mentioned the unofficial annual "big" tournament at www.itsyourturn.com this year. I think that historically, everyone played in the october main #1 tournament (including a LOT of the best playeres) and so it really meant something to win it. Did anyone sign up for it this year? Because it certainly hasn't been mentioned on any of the boards. I would have mentioned it earlier, but I forgot about it. Hasn't this been a tradition for the last few years? Man, there are moments that I am truly surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for pente...

-Scott

mmammel

Home page
Posted: Oct 26, 2004, 6:52 AM

I did not bother with organizing the "Big" October IYT tourn last year either -- at that time it seemed the competition was moving more to the new Brainking site. So let's all sign up for Snut's Halloween tourn at Brainking

jayhawklov

Posted: Oct 26, 2004, 7:07 AM

Dear Mark The October Open Main #1 tourney last year had 31 players in it. The finals were between Alexander Nosovsky, WW Hill, and Jayhawklover Not a bad finals oh by the way I won Jayhawklov

partica

Posted: Oct 26, 2004, 7:16 AM

right on!

snut

Home page
Posted: Oct 26, 2004, 8:59 PM

Yeah everyone, sign up for my tourney at brainking!!! It's going to be fun. There are 17 players already. Maybe I can even get DK to play...you never know....Thanks for mentioning it Mark.

-SS

snut

Home page
Posted: Nov 1, 2004, 12:01 AM

30 people signed up for the tournament!!! That is pretty damn cool. We have 6 sections with 5 players per. This will be a great tournament. Play well, everyone!

A couple of quick side notes:

1) Unfortunately, Pyloric Valve was removed from the tourney. He did not have enough empty slots for a new tourney game with his membership level.

2) Alexander Nosovsky elected not to play after a discussion he and I had when entered under the name Alex07 instead of Nosovs. I asked him to let the other players know who he was in the interest of fairness. He decided to not play instead. What ever.

Other than that, we have a great turn out and I'd like to say thanks to everyone who joined.

Have fun,
-Scott

Message was edited by: snut at Oct 31, 2004 6:03 PM

kmbailey

Posted: Nov 6, 2004, 4:41 AM

Damn, I missed it again. I guess I should start checking in more often.

Kyle

partica

Posted: Nov 6, 2004, 10:55 AM

If you would like a friendly reminder I am sure we could arrange that Kyle! What do you go by at Brainking so I can be sure and let ya know when the next one runs?

thad

Home page
Posted: Nov 8, 2004, 7:58 AM

IYT stinks. They are lousy. We should do nothing to promote their site. Their 'customer service' is non-existant. I had 15 games ended a few weeks ago with NO explanation. The list goes on and on. We should all support BrainKing.com, pente.net, and Dweebo's but NOT ItsYourTurn.

Thad

partica

Posted: Nov 8, 2004, 10:06 AM

The tournament is at Brainking IYT does suck. I don't even play there anymore!

dmitriking

Posted: Nov 8, 2004, 3:34 PM

i spent many months slamming IYT but no one pays attnetion to my angry rants. it took 11 months for me to get them to lift an erroneously placed ban on my account.

snut

Home page
Posted: Nov 9, 2004, 6:12 PM

That's not true dmitri...some of us agreed whole heartedly with your angry rants. And thus we don't play there any longer. IYT can F off (Though someone asked me to play an opponent there, so I am. But, I've talked her in to moving to BK.) I've played 2 games at IYT in the last 6-8 months. But, I will no longer play there ever again (for all the reasons that we all talked about - they SUCK!). BK is my new home for turn based games. And Thad, let's face it: pente.net sucks shi!t. They also don't listen to any emails, and the changes they make really don't improve the game. I don't play there any longer either.

Dmitri, why didn't you join my tournament at BK? I was hopin you'd play. I've taken over 2nd place at brainking (knockin you back to 4th ). When you feel like it, let's get a couple of games in. I have some new player 2 lines that I think you'll enjoy beating.

-Snut

thad

Home page
Posted: Nov 10, 2004, 10:13 AM

Snut,

I think pente.net is a great place for beginners. The way they rank players (which we all know is meaningless in terms of ranking who the BEST players are) encourages everyone to play. That's great for newbies. The site is as stable as anywhere else. And in some ways, the interface is better than anywhere else. I really like how you can change your stone placement by just clicking on the new locale without going back first. The other thing that makes it good is that the better players generally don't like to play there. I think it's important for the entire pente community for there to be a place for everyone.

BrainKing it great, DSG too. IYT blows. Pente.net is not the best, but I don't think it deserves to be bashed either.

Thad

up2ng

Posted: Nov 11, 2004, 4:38 AM

DSG rocks! No where else! Everyone should come here and play!!! Forget turn based. What a horrendous concept for a perfectly good game. Imagine if two baseball teams got together once a day for one pitch!

Yet why is there a significant lack of participation at DSG lately? I think I know what the problem is. It's because I am the best in the world and all the snuts and dmitrikings of the pente world are cowering and fleeing from my massive dominance.

But go on y'all and have at it with yer little practice games. Cause you don't wanna be on when up2ng comes storming through to make his presence known.

Who will be the next to do the impossible and be placed in up2ng's hall of fame? You won't know unless you show.

Replies: 17   Views: 84,169   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]