Home » Forum Home » Turn-based

Topic: something very weird is happening!
Replies: 6   Views: 17,455   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 25, 2005, 9:53 PM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6   Views: 17,455   Pages: 1  
lepews

something very weird is happening!
Posted: Oct 20, 2005, 9:11 PM

well, today, when i click on the 'Move' button in turn-based games, the browser just seems to go on forever trying to open the result/next page, but nothing happens.
The move itself does get registered though, as when i click again on the 'Play turn-based' link i can see it's now my opponent's turn to play.

Also, on a Pente game i'm playing with Caoz, he just made 5 in a row and it was still my turn! So now i've made 5 in a row too, and it's his turn! This happened previously on keryo games i had with Partica, but not on Pente games..

Dweeb?

dweebo

Home page
Re: something very weird is happening!
Posted: Oct 21, 2005, 3:17 PM

Yes, very weird. I did see in the logs that alot of players were getting hung up when trying to do moves. I narrowed it down to probably an infinite loop in the algorithm that calculates the new timeout (weekend time), yuck!

So I've restarted the server, haven't put a fix up for that issue but hopefully we'll manage until then.

Attention everyone who has made a move in the last couple of days, you'll want to verify that the move really did occur!! A bunch of moves will have disappeared because of this. They might have showed up yesterday, but that was because they were cached in memory, but didn't get written to the database due to the above bug.

If you have a game timeout because of this let me know and I'll reset it. Also, in the future when you are playing in a game where making a five in a row does not win, STOP MAKING MORE MOVES! Let me know right away and I'll fix it.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Oct 21, 2005, 6:42 PM

Hmm, seems to be happening again. I think the culprit might be daylight savings time which is at the end of this month and within 9 days (standard timeout now with 7 days/move games). My calculations for the next timeout are probably messing up because of that.

So hold off on turn-based games for now, I'll try to get a fix up ASAP or disable weekend time temporarily.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Oct 21, 2005, 9:02 PM

Ok, its working again now, you can all make moves again in turn-based games now.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
lepews

Posted: Oct 24, 2005, 1:15 PM

cheers dw

u rock!

snut

Home page
Posted: Oct 25, 2005, 7:28 PM

dweebo this happened to me MANY times. I meant to tell you about it, but never got around to it. Then, I timed out in a game agianst Brf because of it (happened everytime I tried to move, just thought it was a quirk, and kept coming back to try again), so I guess I'll mention it now. Any chance of you restarting my game against Brf?

brf

Home page
Posted: Oct 25, 2005, 9:53 PM

Yeah, I've seen it too Dweebo. I tried for 3 weeks to make a move in our turn based games and every time I did my browser (firefox) just kept spinning it's little "I'm doing stuff" circle and after 10 minutes it would just come up with a some generic site error. today it worked though and I was finally able to move. Also it seems like when I click to go into the turn based (and select a particular game)more than once I have had to grab my up\down slider bar and move the webpage up or down to get the game board to be visible (otherwise it stays black and I can't see anything).

-Brf

Replies: 6   Views: 17,455   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]