Home » Forum Home » Turn-based

Topic: turn based bugs
Replies: 13   Views: 17,129   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 28, 2005, 4:05 PM by: dweebo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 13   Views: 17,129   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
turn based bugs
Posted: Sep 13, 2005, 9:41 AM

My d- pente game against kmbailey is still unplayable at move five and has gone into - time in that state. In a poof pente game against Partica I made a pente which apparently did not end the game as it should have done.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

dweebo

Home page
Re: turn based bugs
Posted: Sep 13, 2005, 3:33 PM

Sorry about that, the d-pente game is now playable. What exactly happened with that one, when it started, who was white/black and had someone made a swap decision or not? From what you said I assumed watsu was white and kmbailey decided to not swap and now its watsu's turn, so I updated the db appropriately and it should work. Still have to figure out why that happened though.

Still checking the poof-pente bug, yuck!
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 13, 2005, 5:00 PM

Ok, after looking into the d-pente bug a bit more, I think maybe the swap decision was never made by kmbailey, so I reset the game so that it's kmbailey's turn, and he has to decide to swap or not. I fixed the underlying bug as well.

Also, the poof-pente bug is fixed and I ended that game for you against partica.

Thanks for the bug reports and continuing to remind me that things are still broken
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 14, 2005, 2:50 AM

Cool, thanks for the fixes Dweebo. The D- pente sounds correct, though I don't know whther kmbailey had made a decision not to swap previously or not.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
mmammel

Home page
Posted: Sep 19, 2005, 7:02 PM

Here's another one -- I made a five in a row against Partica in K-pente but the game did not end and she just captured a stone out of the five....

partica

Posted: Sep 20, 2005, 5:03 AM

I figured you could make the 5 again mark! LOL

Also, I just won a keryo game with 6 in a row but the 5 in a row didn't do it! nutty really!

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 21, 2005, 3:02 PM

ok, not sure what is going on, thought i had fixed these issues. I'm working on it now, will try to get patch release up this morning.

And i'll fix the remaining games that are out there with problems.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 21, 2005, 4:21 PM

Just put up a patch release, this should do it, until something else pops up

We had an unusual situation where there were two totally different and independent bugs that both caused games to not end, but for different reasons. So that confused me for awhile.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
mmammel

Home page
Posted: Sep 21, 2005, 6:16 PM

OK, thanks. Now fix that bug that doesn't let me win against you
-Mark

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 27, 2005, 1:59 PM

I've got a gomoku game with Part going that I just made seven in a row on (after 5 and 6 didn't win) so perhaps the bug is still around (at least in some of the stone games)?

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 27, 2005, 2:05 PM

Ok, I just looked at that game, it looks like you made 5 in a row BEFORE my previous patch release. Since in gomoku overlines aren't wins after the patch release you still didn't win with 6 and 7 in a row.

I will end that game manually for you. If anyone else has a game that hasn't ended yet but should have, let me know.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 27, 2005, 3:01 PM

Doh! Silly me, I almost always forget about the overline rule in gomoku. It comes from playing too much pente, I guess.

elena

Posted: Sep 28, 2005, 1:54 AM

I wonder if it is possible to make email notifications about invitations for TB games. I never even looked at this portion of the site. Today I clicked on the link by an accident and was very surprised to find 2 invitations waiting who knows for how long. Probably there are others that have been invited and are not aware of this fact.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 28, 2005, 4:05 PM

Yes, I think that will be covered by #3 of the turn-based TODO.
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
Replies: 13   Views: 17,129   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]