Home » Forum Home » Completed » Keryo - June 2005 Open

Topic: I cannot wait any longer, it isn't fair to those that showed up
Replies: 7   Views: 21,026   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 15, 2005, 11:03 PM by: s3v3n

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 7   Views: 21,026   Pages: 1  
partica

I cannot wait any longer, it isn't fair to those that showed up
Posted: Aug 13, 2005, 6:13 AM

The next round of the keryo tourney has begun. Please setup your matches in this forum!

I apologize to all of those that got their matches complete and have been waiting on me to kick off the next round.

s3v3n

Home page
Re: I cannot wait any longer, it isn't fair to those that showed up
Posted: Aug 13, 2005, 2:35 PM

after 1 forfeit i got kicked off the tournament?? lol...

partica

Posted: Aug 13, 2005, 5:29 PM

I don't set up the stuff, the code does it, I had no idea it would do that...

up2ng

Posted: Aug 13, 2005, 10:20 PM

Interesting. I had not noticed that players were removed from the tournament after forfeiting a match, but after looking back, it has been doing that in every round of this tournament so far.

I read through all of the official rules and it makes no mention of what will happen when forfeiting a match. Perhaps Dweebo will chime in on this and let us know if this was the intended result for a Double Elimination style tournament when a player forfeits. I actually think this is reasonable, but if so, it should be added to the rules.

s3v3n

Home page
Posted: Aug 14, 2005, 7:33 PM

"I read through all of the official rules and it makes no mention of what will happen when forfeiting a match. "

exactly, there is no rule that says i should be removed from the tournament. maybe it is good punishment for players who are losing this way, but it should be mentioned in the rules. now i think it is not fair that i was removed, because i didnt expect that!!!

aha, one more thing- when players can't agree with the date of their match there should be some "default time", when there have to play - for example last sunday of the round at 2pm est. and if some player won't come at this "default time" then he loses by forfeit.
last year there was a big team tournament in gomoku (played at kurnik) and there were also problems with setting up dates of matches, so organizers have made a such rule and it works very good. you can see this here:
http://www.renju.hu/index.jsp?menupont_id=42
point 5 - "3 days rule"
if it will be opened in hungarian there is link to english version

partica

Posted: Aug 14, 2005, 7:53 PM

I apologize. As I stated before I did not realize you would be removed from the tournament. I thought it would forfeit your match, not remove you from the tournament.

I like the idea of a default time...I will try to do that in the future.

As for setting up a time for you, we are not children and I should not have to babysit. One should not sign up for a tournament with 14 day matches and then leave for 16 days.

As for fairness...it isn't fair to other opponents to have to wait either. I made several posts about getting matches complete, even went against my better judgement and extended the match finish dates several times at my own expense. I have been getting messages/inquiries asking when I was going to enforce the 14 day match rule because I didn't do anything about it sooner.

I understand your frustration with being removed from the tournamanet. Again I apologize to you s3v3n, I did not realize it would remove you from the whole tournament. I thought it would forfeit the round and move to the next one.

I will try to communicate everything better in the future.

~Partica

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Aug 15, 2005, 5:15 PM

It is coded that way, I believe I probably put that in more for speed-tournaments.

I will have to change that, now that tournament admins have the ability forfeit a player OR kick them out (didn't use to have that much control).

Sorry about that.
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
s3v3n

Home page
Posted: Aug 15, 2005, 11:03 PM

"As for setting up a time for you, we are not children and I should not have to babysit. One should not sign up for a tournament with 14 day matches and then leave for 16 days. "

well, i am not complaining about that forfeit. i knew it will end this way and i have accepted that
anyway, this what you have wrote above is not true, because round had started more than a week before i left for 16 days. i wanted to play the match as soon as possible, but it is always so that matches are played on last possible day....

"As for fairness...it isn't fair to other opponents to have to wait either. I made several posts about getting matches complete, even went against my better judgement and extended the match finish dates several times at my own expense. I have been getting messages/inquiries asking when I was going to enforce the 14 day match rule because I didn't do anything about it sooner. "

well, i have never asked you to prolonged that round, because i think rounds should not be prolonged, 14 days is 14 days and no more. heh, when i came back i wasnt sure if the round still lasts or i have already lost...

ok its EOT for me, i just wanted to complain about removing me from tournament and nothing more

Replies: 7   Views: 21,026   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]