Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: say something good about a fellow pente.org member
Replies: 17   Views: 122,711   Pages: 2   Last Post: May 16, 2012, 6:35 PM by: robsmith

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 17   Views: 122,711   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
zoeyk

Home page
say something good about a fellow pente.org member
Posted: Apr 14, 2012, 9:08 PM

greetings fellow members.
it has come to my attention that a common theme when discussing other members is to point out what you dont like about them. i would like to see the counter balance as well.

in this thread we shall all pick one or more members of whom we like and explain why we like them.

they are a good conversationalist?
they are a good player?
they move fast which is good cus your impatient?
you like it that they lose to you often?
they are not a poor loser?
they are active in helping to keep the peace around here?
they are helpful in the forum?
you saw their profile pic and you think they are cute?
the list goes on and on....

just select a member and say something nice about them. this will make for an interesting experiment in my opinion.

some one just friggin humor me and do it! thanks, and have a great day

PS. i will be awarding gold stars to those whom get the most compliments in order to promote good behavior.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

zoeyk

Home page
Re: say something good about a fellow pente.org member
Posted: Apr 14, 2012, 9:23 PM

bump!

and i nominate alisontate for being such a cutie and a good friend, and taking initiative and time to help in organizing things for the site. also be_water and pente_man for being such good players and showing good sportsmanship. and mike321 for being grumpy in the most adorable way and reminding me that life is short so move faster, and that we will never feel better than we do right now. and jaqueline_ for being a good friend and smart philosopher and also for keeping c6 alive with all her dedication and passion. i could go on and on about many members but now is your turn..lets go!

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
theskald

Posted: Apr 15, 2012, 2:38 AM

xtraclassy has been a great mentor to me in pente, essentially shepherding me from the very beginning on the site.

also valleyboy, nadereazar, s3v3n, and host of others who have been willing to play someone of much lower skill.

br_esper for making known that the game existed...those guys from OSU seem to be evangelists for the game

dlp

haggis

Posted: Apr 15, 2012, 6:26 AM

- theskald, for always having something positive to say and a great attitude, win or lose.

- nervenet, who works overtime to improve his game and who is always up for another.

- pmplummer, for just being a really nice guy.

- valleyboy, who takes pity on me and actually lets me win a game every now and then.

And everybody else I've played here gets a point for being good sports. I only play turn-based, but I've yet to have a bad interpersonal experience on this site.
Thanks to all of you for that.

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Apr 16, 2012, 12:32 AM

snow white, troglodite, and xtraclassy for patiently showing me the ropes,
zoey for his tireless dedication to helping people who visit this site to really understand the game,
smithd, lipenwald, goody2shoe, gaylen, classy, snow, alison, and several others for many many many fun games,
alisontate for her dedication to keeping this site alive and excellent forum posts,
up2ng for all the time he has devoted to being a site admin and his amazing way with words in explaining pente theory,
dweebo for building this site and all the time and effort that went into it.

valleyboy

Posted: Apr 17, 2012, 12:57 AM

Theskald and Haggis thanks for the shout-outs...Theskald we're about 50-50 lately (sucka), and Haggis too many of those wins against you have been after I've pulled out a lot of hair. This thread is right on, friends. It's about the pente, the whole pente, and nothing but the pente...

alisontate

Posted: Apr 17, 2012, 7:30 AM

Hey zoey, this is the best thread idea!

Pretty much everyone in here is really nice, but I want to make a special mention of a few.
Firstly you zoey, I like your amazing skill and intelligence and your contributions to the site and help you have given to so many over the years. Your challenging forum posts and also our great conversations late into the night. Thanks for our games and most of all, thanks for being my friend. (P.S. You are a cutie too!)
To smeefpeef (Robert), you are a very special person and anyone would be the better for being your friend. Thank you for your sweetness, kindness and support, your songs and our wonderful conversations.
Thanks to Up2ng for your great forum posts and for all the work you have done as site admin, you are a great writer and player and a nice guy too.
Thanks to xtraclassy for our many games and your strength of mind which I respect greatly. Thanks also to Jason and danporter for your kind support, jaqueline_ for your kindness too and your good advice, Erik (Various alts) for your fun and cleverness, maria for teaching me my first moves, kolia, watsu, piecraft, be_water, snowhite, michelle56, timewarp (steve) for all those great speed games and good humour, brf, gaylen, seross, aleph_1, lipenwald, goody2shoe, troglodite, schoenfeld, snowpack, karencita, penteman and finally to dweebo without whom all this would not be possible.
What I like about all these people is their positive nature and goodwill to others. Thanks to those who mentioned me. I am sorry to anyone I missed.
Peace to everyone
Ali

Message was edited by: alisontate at Apr 21, 2012 10:38 PM

watsu

Home page
Posted: Apr 22, 2012, 3:33 AM

Hat tips to some old timers - Dweebo, RichardIII, Partica, Vitals, Ilurath, Mmammel, Nosovs, Virag, SJustice, DmitriKing, Progambler, Mike321, Dufus, Aaalpha, Up2ng, Jayhawklov, Mickeyss, Penteman, Gaylen, Cicerolove, Samwise and many others who made this place rock back in the day - without them and others, the database here wouldn't have been what it was when newer players came here to learn the game 5 or 6 years ago. So, if you see one of them around give 'em an attaboy

Too bad about the wholesale loss of countless great IYT games from that era....

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
jayhawklov

Posted: Apr 22, 2012, 6:01 PM

Good Morning Pente Addicts

I rolled on to this site Eons ago with the hope of overcoming the thoughts of a girlfriends sister that was fighting Cancer, We were fighting along with her and she told me of this site. I get on way late one night and there was this match going on with Partica and one of her friends. They were just having so much fun bantering and playing that for a short time life was back to normal. I never forgot that moment and with the 1000s of games since. I can remember all the past and future champions of this game like it was yesterday and along with the few that have past into Pente Heaven, I call this my home. Ive been on here with many a Nick thru these many years, Pissed off a few, Riled some feathers with my Top 75 lists, but you will always be my family.

A Toast to the Pente Addicts of the World

Forever in your Debt

Jayhawklov

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Apr 25, 2012, 6:59 AM

Hey J! So that's what you really look like. How about a new thread where we all send in pics of how old we are now! Let's all meet on facebook or something and have a farmville beer and have a toast!

Somehow that doesn't seem like enough! OK, lets all meet at Burning Man!

Just kidding!

jhs55

Posted: May 6, 2012, 7:37 PM

I wonder after seeing what Mr jayhawk looks like, if it will change the way i play against him.
Not knowing what players look like either makes me play better or worse ? , I don't really know, but if i see the face of a player that i think looks smart, will this change the way i play ?
If i see a player that looks stupid , then will i play lazy and lose
Is it possible to know how a player will be thinking about certin moves or positions after seeing what they look like in a photy, I mean i develop images of players just by there style of play then i see what they look like and its never what i thought !

valleyboy

Posted: May 6, 2012, 11:35 PM

Jack, how do we even know they're people? You and I may be the only real persons on the site, playing elaborate programs...

jhs55

Posted: May 7, 2012, 2:40 AM

lol, well sid, you might be right, mybe all these members here at Dweebo,s are programs,
some are better than others, but most all fun to play with

ukie60

Home page
Posted: May 7, 2012, 4:39 AM

Jack, I am real.....

jasonb

Home page
Posted: May 15, 2012, 12:59 AM

I thng be_water could be an elaborate program. Seriously good player!

Replies: 17   Views: 122,711   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]