Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: earthquakes, tsunami, radiation, the world,,,,,
Replies: 4   Views: 33,113   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 17, 2011, 8:15 AM by: jackschidt

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 33,113   Pages: 1  
zoeyk

Home page
earthquakes, tsunami, radiation, the world,,,,,
Posted: Mar 16, 2011, 8:26 PM

i wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge what has been happening in japan and how it may end up effecting us globally. since we have members here from many countries i would like to hear from all of you in regards to these globally impacting events.

how is every one feeling about it?

what has happened so far?

what do you predict for the near future?

what do you predict for the long term future?

how has this effect your country locally so far?

what have you done or plan to do to prepare your self for now and the future in events of this nature?

what is your advice to the world to better prepare for these kinds of events?

~zoey

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

ukie60

Home page
Re: earthquakes, tsunami, radiation, the world,,,,,
Posted: Mar 16, 2011, 10:06 PM

I hope everybody remember Chernobil, Ukraine....All the people who worked on fixing this plant died 2 weeks later, 3months later, 1 year later, 2 years later...ets....All of them. And it was aweful death....Women who was pregnent at this time or later had a VERY sick babies. All the people who lived aroud died of horrible death.Thouthends....
I am from Ukraine.
About Japan...If wind will change ...its going to Hawai and California...I mean radiation....Sorry Zoey...
Inna

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Mar 16, 2011, 11:46 PM

yes, i have stocked up on iodine and kelp pills and water bottles, and am buying a radiation meter to monitor tap water. i will not be going out in the rain any time soon.
even these steps may be not enough, or perhaps we will not be effected at all. time will tell. but if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
ukie60

Home page
Posted: Mar 17, 2011, 12:18 AM

Zoey, if you need any help just let us know. You are always welcome to Michigan.
Inna

jackschidt

Posted: Mar 17, 2011, 8:15 AM

Just in the last few months, large earthquakes in Haiti, Chile, New Zealand, Pakistan, and now Japan. A volcano in Indonesia went off a couple of hours later, and then another one in Japan a few days later.

Check this guy out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQXDt4VdS0E

Jim Berkland is a controversial guy. As the Santa Clara county geologist, he predicted the 1989 World Series (Loma Prieta) earthquake in a newspaper 3-4 days before it happened. People called him a fool before the quake, and an alarmist after the quake. He's made some accurate predictions, but mostly misses. That dude's sisemic window is from the 19th to the 25th.

The porportions of our planet are about the same as an apple. Where the skin of the apple is about how thick the earth crust is above the molten mantle. If the moon can move oceans of water and masses of cold air around, of course it could cause our mostly fluid planet to flex. I am not saying that a full moon causes an earthquake, only that it is a factor, possibly the tipping factor on something already under tremendous stress.

Additionally, we have the so-called "Super Moon" on the 19th. Receintly, there was a large fish kill off of Redondo Beach and an "earthquake fish" (Oarfish) found off Malibu. So there may be some heavy duty action coming up. Wish there was a way to monitor the number of missing dogs and cats in the different regions of the west coast from time to time. That might make a predictor of a specific location.

At http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/ you can look for clusters of activity that may indicate fore-shocks in your location. The trouble is, you never know they're fore-shocks until after the big one hits. Never the less, there does seem to be a lot of activity in southern Alaska. And if that goes off, I'd bet California would follow along soon after. But you shouldnt ignore the Arcadia Trench off of Washington or Yellowstone either.

I have been watching the waves, and on the 18th they are forecasting 22-24 foot swells on the coast of southern Oregon. Dont think I'll be going that far North, but off Ano Nuevo the swell is supposed to approach 16 feet with some 5 foot wind-wave action on top of that. Its just that dang San Gregorio fault complex is right there!!! So I'm still looking for the best place to go check it all out that has a good exit ...

As far as radioactive rain ... you gonna let a few bugs scare you? Just kidding, but that rain is diluted by what, 7,000 miles of oceanic atmosphere?

Love stormy weather. Wonderful time to worship the Lord. Maybe after this trip, I'll be "a glow".

As far as what people should do to prepare? Food, water, and a surf board.

A 60 year old man and his wife were fleeing from the Tsunami and decided to go back to the house to get something important. When the waves hit, everything came apart, he lost his wife, and was rescued two days later, 9 miles out to sea! Its not easy, but you want to live, you might have to let go of your anchor and surf.

Replies: 4   Views: 33,113   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]